Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 12:04 PM

3 posts, read 2,876 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I will be moving to the Space Coast area with my husband and three kids ages 12, 10 and 8 in the next few months. Looking for a family friendly neighborhood close to the beach with good schools. I believe most of the neighborhoods we are looking at feed to Melbourne high school… Any input on that school? It's rated low on great schools but I don't want to just rely on that data .
We have been looking in Indialantic just south of 5th to Satellite Beach. I would love some input on which area has the most kids and family friendly neighborhood. My kids love to play outside in the neighborhood with other children. My husband and I did come down to visit and and fortunately didn't see many kids running around the neighborhoods. We have looked in the Sanctuary but those houses are hard to come by and fly off the market. South of fifth looks really nice but I haven't noticed many kids around that area. But we do like the beach area there… Less rocks in the water! Would appreciate any local information! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 08:16 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,232,030 times
Great area. Mel High has an IB program that gets good reviews. Cloisters and Sanctuary are both guard-gated HOA neighborhoods if you are looking for that type of thing, probably the best way to let your kids roam around the neighborhood for sure. Market has strengthened quite a bit in the last couple of years, your budget will dictate where you can buy/rent.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:05 PM

210 posts, read 273,527 times
Hi Denise6. I live south of 5th and there are quite a few kids in the neighborhood. In the summer though, it's kind of like winter up north and they're not out and about as much due to the heat. You can find kids hanging out at the beach, Ryckman park & Orlando Park. Your observation is correct though, I wish more kids were just running around playing like in neighborhoods when I grew up. I think a lot of kids are very scheduled with sports and such, so when they have free time they don't go out as much as we used to. I have a friend that lives in the Sanctuary and she said a lot of kids run around in there. I think the community pool helps too, as a hub to social activity. Good luck finding your piece of paradise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County