Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 07:34 AM

593 posts, read 1,355,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
What closure? There were more launches in 2017 than in any previous year and SpaceX alone plans to launch about 50% more rockets in 2018 and Blue Origin has yet to begin launches. The space program has never been more robust.
The poster was probably talking about the space shuttle program, but that ended years ago and things have stabilized. It was primarily Titusville/North Merritt Island that felt the brunt of that. Cocoa Beach is doing just fine like it always has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 01:12 PM

15 posts, read 38,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Plenty of room for more development in Merritt Island but it can't spill into Cocoa Beach. No land.
Got it. So if anything, Merritt Island may become heavily developed.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:57 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
consider the impact the closure of the space program will have on the area over the long term
2008 called. It wants its argument back

To help clear up any ignorance on the state of aerospace and defense on the space coast:

//www.city-data.com/forum/breva...usinesses.html

Old 11-27-2017, 08:24 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,363 times
I don't think the area will see any major over population or development. As mentioned, Cocoa a Beach will likely not change too much in our lifetime. I could see North Merritt Island (above 528) developing more at some point, but not like Viera has more recently.
What I can see change is the Port, where different things are developing and expanding. This could have some impact on tourist congestion and the look and feel of the Port, but I doubt it will effect the surrounding areas too much in terms of population growth.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:59 AM

15 posts, read 38,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
I don't think the area will see any major over population or development. As mentioned, Cocoa a Beach will likely not change too much in our lifetime. I could see North Merritt Island (above 528) developing more at some point, but not like Viera has more recently.
What I can see change is the Port, where different things are developing and expanding. This could have some impact on tourist congestion and the look and feel of the Port, but I doubt it will effect the surrounding areas too much in terms of population growth.
Thanks for your reply! Great summary and insight. I definitely can't wait to make CCB home.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:18 AM

370 posts, read 902,852 times
Good overview, and a large part of why we like this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post

Old 03-26-2018, 08:09 PM

269 posts, read 181,030 times
Sorry, put as a single professional I find it boring that Merritt island or cocoa beach have much to offer. They need more development. Just Zillow for places to rent and you see outdated options. I grew up in Titusville, and possibly moving back from DC to work at NASA. There is nothing new to excite my heart. I'm not asking for Miami Beach, just some cool, modern condos for those wanting to live near the coast instead of driving all the way to Orlando. The cocoa beach 2025 plan looks promising, but not even sure it ever happens until I'm old.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:58 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,363 times
Perhaps supply and demand show that there are more needs for multi-roomed housing that appeals a bit more to families or seniors looking to have space for extended family visitors.
I as a middle aged family person, think there is a lot offered in this area. But if it's not for you, why complain? Just don't live there. You can always commute to work if a younger, single vibe is your preference.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:17 PM

269 posts, read 181,030 times
Right, because a city should only cater to one demographic, and force everyone to long distance commute? Im not asking to change the core character of cocoa beach/space coast. It will always be the anti-thesis of glamy south florida. Just suggesting that there should be more options. Given the potential of the next great space era with Elon Musk and other private investments, there will be a need of options for younger workforce. Even the Cocoa Beach 2025 plan recognize this, but I havent seen or heard anything that have came to fruition yet.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:33 PM

5 posts, read 6,089 times
Cocoa Beach is going to stay the same as it is for a long time. That means it probably won't over crowd, but it's not going to introduce anything new or exciting anytime soon either. I guess it's not a bad spot if you just want to live really close to a beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County