Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:46 AM

29 posts, read 46,604 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Melbourne!

OK... does anyone REALLY know if COSTCO is coming to Melbourne/Vierra at the end of Pineda?

Adding to this, can anyone tell me if or when Washingtonia will extend to Pineda? And does that have anything to do with the new hwy/road that is supposed to be built around 95 Melbourne?

I'm confused and getting mixed stories... P.S. is there a "planning dept" where we can go and find out these answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 10:59 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Costco and trader Joes have been eternal rumors. 520 as supposed to be the sure of the first TJs, but that news came out a couple years ago and nothing has happened

Old 03-17-2018, 04:46 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Costco and trader Joes have been eternal rumors. 520 as supposed to be the sure of the first TJs, but that news came out a couple years ago and nothing has happened
If Trader Joes were to ever come, that just might be the golden ticket needed for my to wife to make the move down there. The thought of giving up her favorite food store is a prohibitive deal breaker. Would love to hear more on this....

Old 03-17-2018, 06:38 PM

29 posts, read 46,604 times
We go to Trader Joe's in Orlando (50min dr at most).
We love Orlando and go there several x / mo. Costco is there too. We love the restaurants there .

Old 03-17-2018, 09:42 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,636 times
I am not a fan of Orlando with congestion and tolls at every exit it seems. I likely would not want to make that trip, baring a park visit or to go with guests, more than once a month if I could help it.
I could see traveling to Titusville or Melbourne if that's where they ended building a Trader Joes. We shop there at least once a week now as its no more than 15 minutes away from our house and two minutes from my wife's job. We would miss it dearly if not in Brevard.
We are not huge Costco fans so going there once every other month would be fine for us as is less of an issue if not local.
I wonder what really happened with the Merritt Island location? I had heard the old Barnes and Noble store's roof could not support the refrigeration units they needed to have so the location was put on hold. Strange that it from a done deal to no word at all. You would think if they were that close, something could have been done to support the roof or some additional tax incentives to make it happen.
Did anything go where the old Mike Erdman Nissan dealer moved from off of 520? Big lot with lots of parking there. Would make a nice spot for one.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:36 AM

593 posts, read 1,355,245 times
On the Lake Washington/Pineda issue: If Pineda/404 is extended westward, I suppose there could be a road south toward Lake Washington. But whether it would be a connector, I don't know. I think the Lake Washington area has already been built out as far as allowed, i.e. the St. Johns River wetlands, so it may not even be possible to connect the two roads without knocking down some existing houses. In any event, if it ever happens it's so far in the future it's not worth worrying about unless you're in the long-term land speculation business (and by long-term I mean decades).

The Pineda/404 extension will probably happen at some point, there are long-range state plans that call for another connector or two between Brevard and the Orlando area. Extending 404 through the Deseret Ranch property is one of those proposals. Again, we are talking many years down the road before it even becomes an official project. But it could be bumped westward incrementally in the meantime, I guess.

When you say "the new hwy/road that is supposed to be built around 95 Melbourne" I'm guessing you mean the St. Johns Heritage Parkway? That one is on the project list already. They are going to put in an I-95 interchange at Ellis Road. The parkway will go south/west from there, linking up to the parts already built from 192 to Malabar Road. This is supposed to happen in the next few years. There's a southern section (Malabar to a new 95 interchange near Micco Road) that has a longer build-out timeframe.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:36 PM

39 posts, read 110,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaGirl4FL View Post
We go to Trader Joe's in Orlando (50min dr at most).
We love Orlando and go there several x / mo. Costco is there too. We love the restaurants there .
LOL!! We always make the Trader Joes run when we are in Orlando! Would love to see them come to Brevard as well as Costco. Strangely enough the rumor I heard about Costco wasn't at the Pineda/95 area but at the Viera/95 area. I know there will be lots popping up in a year or so once the new interchange opens at Viera and 95 - hopefully not a bunch of fast food joints but maybe something a little more desirable....

Old 06-04-2018, 02:21 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExIslander View Post
On the Lake Washington/Pineda issue: If Pineda/404 is extended westward, I suppose there could be a road south toward Lake Washington. But whether it would be a connector, I don't know. I think the Lake Washington area has already been built out as far as allowed, i.e. the St. Johns River wetlands, so it may not even be possible to connect the two roads without knocking down some existing houses. In any event, if it ever happens it's so far in the future it's not worth worrying about unless you're in the long-term land speculation business (and by long-term I mean decades).

The Pineda/404 extension will probably happen at some point, there are long-range state plans that call for another connector or two between Brevard and the Orlando area. Extending 404 through the Deseret Ranch property is one of those proposals. Again, we are talking many years down the road before it even becomes an official project. But it could be bumped westward incrementally in the meantime, I guess.

When you say "the new hwy/road that is supposed to be built around 95 Melbourne" I'm guessing you mean the St. Johns Heritage Parkway? That one is on the project list already. They are going to put in an I-95 interchange at Ellis Road. The parkway will go south/west from there, linking up to the parts already built from 192 to Malabar Road. This is supposed to happen in the next few years. There's a southern section (Malabar to a new 95 interchange near Micco Road) that has a longer build-out timeframe.
Don't get your hopes up on the parkway. I was so disappointed when I took the part that is built from Rt192 to Malabar Rd. in Palm Bay. It is just......a 2 lane road......... The speed limit is like 35-45 mph so takes a lot longer than just hitting I-95 when coming back into town on 192 from WDW. I was expecting a 4 lane with at least 55-60 mph speeds, but it seems to be just a road to build subdivision roads to build new houses on. Not what I thought it was going to be at all. Rt. now I would think it would be the spot to drag race late at night so could be dangerous----unless it has police patrolling at night. Of course this is JMHO.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 6,595 times
So what is the answer? Is Costco coming or not or do we have to continue driving to Orlando?

Old 05-12-2019, 08:40 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaajo1 View Post
So what is the answer? Is Costco coming or not or do we have to continue driving to Orlando?
I bet they come when trader Joe's comes lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County