Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:42 AM

9 posts, read 9,071 times

Advertisements

The Suntree/Viera area has a lot to offer. New construction, hospital, wetland area, zoo, close to I95 and SR 520 so you can go to the Island and beaches easily. Vero can provide you with a quieter lifestyle. I found old Florida style in Winter Garden. Great bike trails, paved & flat with parks every 5 miles or so, community festivals & nice people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 08:06 AM

6 posts, read 8,013 times
Dont move anywhere around here if you like peace and quiet. Merrit Island aviation schools are circling this entire area 7 days a week. The noise is deafening and will ultimately make you batty.

Stay out if you can. You will regret it.

The MI airport just started building condos for pilots all around the airport w'hangars. There is no regard for the general publics peace whatsoever and the local rag wont touch it.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:27 AM

5,377 posts, read 3,391,007 times
I used to live in condos across the river from that small airport... the airplanes buzzing around were annoying!

Old 01-16-2019, 07:40 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,664,337 times
To me, jets are annoying and loud. Prop planes with an occasional buzz, is not so bad. Most take off and land without much circling around.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:43 PM

If you are fed up with the aviation school noise coming out of Merritt Island please sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/citizens-of...n-school-noise

Thank you and please keep Brevard a peaceful place.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:31 PM

32 posts, read 47,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac787 View Post
If you are fed up with the aviation school noise coming out of Merritt Island please sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/citizens-of...n-school-noise

Thank you and please keep Brevard a peaceful place.

Maybe a clause in the petition to request them to fly higher? Hopefully, they don't fly after hours.

Old 04-30-2019, 05:46 PM

3,972 posts, read 8,106,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinaPoc View Post
For that price you can purchase a new home in Bayside Lakes-Palm Bay. I just moved here from California, I live in Viera East and Rockledge is not that nice, looks old and run down same goes for Cocoa and a lot of crime in Cocoa.
Near Bayside maybe but not Bayside Lakes for $150,000-$200.000.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:50 AM

14 posts, read 27,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinaPoc View Post
For that price you can purchase a new home in Bayside Lakes-Palm Bay. I just moved here from California, I live in Viera East and Rockledge is not that nice, looks old and run down same goes for Cocoa and a lot of crime in Cocoa.
How is Palm Bay?

Every real estate crime map I look at has it listed as a high crime area.
Now I know you can't go solely by them because it includes every little report such as shoplifting and such.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:12 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,664,337 times
I own two homes in NW Palm Bay. They are 5 minutes away from each other. One backs up to the military annex and most would feel is perfectly fine of an area. The other, is in a slightly noisier area neighbor wise. This area has more car projects in the driveway and somewhat less conservative paint color choices on some houses. I would still call it safe, but to some, less desirable. You really need to visit and drive around to see what you have in a particular area and then judge if that is acceptable.
I will say the rental market is still quite strong in Palm Bay so it must be desirable to many in my opinion.

Old 11-27-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
Maybe a clause in the petition to request them to fly higher? Hopefully, they don't fly after hours.
They do not accept any requests. This has been going on for years. I know other people in the neighborhood that have reported this to City Hall but nothing is done. These aviation schools avoid another area in Merrit Island because they had enough people to pool together so now Eastern Rockledge is basically exclusively for their flight training. If you want a peaceful Thanksgiving, Christmas, Sunday forget it because they arent Christians and arent Americans in these aviation schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County