Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 08:05 PM

170 posts, read 568,112 times

Advertisements

I really love the Melbourne Beach and Indialantic areas, but this site shows that both have lost population. Just curious why. Maybe because they have large population of seasonal folks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 01:15 PM

3,972 posts, read 8,106,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeacon View Post
I really love the Melbourne Beach and Indialantic areas, but this site shows that both have lost population. Just curious why. Maybe because they have large population of seasonal folks?
No, they have not lost population . Probably old figures .

Old 06-28-2018, 04:00 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,742,287 times
I question whether Melbourne Beach has 'lost population,' but, having lived in the area for almost 30-years, recognize the limitations of the area to full-time residents:

1). No causeway (access to the mainland) between 192 and Wabasso (25+ miles)

2). Limited width barrier island (also true of Indialantic, Indian Harbor Beach, Satellite Beach, etc). The advantage is a low traffic, old Florida feel. The disadvantages is there is little or very little room for expansion and growth of sizable communities and a tax-base.

3). The only main North/South thoroughfare through Melbourne Beach is A1A, which is pretty much vehicle-packed, two lane roads in large stretches.

4). There's not much to draw people to Melbourne Beach beyond beautiful views and relatively low tourist traffic. I suppose there's been some growth in shopping, schools etc. over the last 7-years we've been gone, but, that would be largely driven by population growth (which the OP suggests is on the decline).

5). There is no immediate or convenient access to major highways, large cities or even area employers - and larger schools. This becomes increasingly true, the further south of 192 one goes into Melbourne Beach

Old 07-04-2018, 09:41 AM

593 posts, read 1,349,138 times
That, and like many other areas of Florida, there may be a significant aging-in-place population. Some of the nests may not be as full as they used to be. One thing I know for sure, there aren't properties sitting empty for lack of buyers or renters.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:20 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,664,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExIslander View Post
One thing I know for sure, there aren't properties sitting empty for lack of buyers or renters.
This I believe to be very true.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:25 PM

170 posts, read 568,112 times
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County