Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 01:45 PM

78,642 posts, read 60,823,449 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if there are any fishing piers along the stretch from Daytona to Palm Bay (roughly) where you pay admission but then don't need to buy a fishing license when on it?

I see lists and list of fishing piers but they generally silent as to whether the admission covers the license or not.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 04:07 PM

18,534 posts, read 8,356,068 times
Math, I know Daytona pier has a pier license

Old 12-10-2018, 05:43 PM

593 posts, read 1,358,018 times
Last time I checked, Cocoa Beach didn't require a license to fish from its pier. Cape Canaveral has a pier and a jetty and I'm not sure what the rules are for each.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:39 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,254,013 times
Saltwater shoreline fishing - License Requirement

Residents and nonresidents are required to apply for and have a saltwater fishing license before fishing for saltwater fish, crabs or other marine organisms unless they are a exempt.
Residents

Residents who only saltwater fish from the land or a structure attached to land, may get the resident recreational saltwater shoreline fishing license at no cost (except for convenience fees that apply on telephone and Internet orders). NOTE: This license does NOT cover anyone fishing from a boat or from an island that they arrived at by boat.
If you have a resident recreational saltwater fishing license or a resident persons with disabilities fishing license, you do not need a shoreline fishing license because the resident recreational saltwater fishing and disability license cover fishing from the shore, a dock, a jetty or a boat.
Nonresidents

Nonresidents must purchase a 3-day, 7-day or annual nonresident saltwater fishing license when saltwater fishing from the shore or a pier, bridge or jetty attached to the shore unless fishing on a pier with a pier license.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:16 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,690,672 times
So as an owner of a canal front home with a dock that is rented out (landlord, nonresident) if I were to fish off my dock, I would need a nonresident (3,7, or annual) saltwater fishing license when I visited and wanted to fish off of it.
What if the tenant had the license and allowed me to fish with them,would I still need a license for myself?

Old 12-11-2018, 08:07 AM

Thanks guys!

I normally stay on the gulf side and just buy short term licenses for the others that come with me as I have an annual license.

But since we're going to pier fish I figured might just make sense to find one with a pier license which I normally never pay attention too since I've only done that with others that have annual licenses like myself.

I found the link to all the piers and can look into those individually about their pier licenses. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExIslander View Post
Last time I checked, Cocoa Beach didn't require a license to fish from its pier. Cape Canaveral has a pier and a jetty and I'm not sure what the rules are for each.
Yep Cocoa still has a pier license. I just checked them out and that will work perfectly for our group.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
So as an owner of a canal front home with a dock that is rented out (landlord, nonresident) if I were to fish off my dock, I would need a nonresident (3,7, or annual) saltwater fishing license when I visited and wanted to fish off of it.
What if the tenant had the license and allowed me to fish with them,would I still need a license for myself?
As a fellow non-resident, I'm pretty sure you're going to need to get a license regardless.

The annual is <$50 and if you're going to be down there twice a year or more it would probably make sense to just go that route in terms of both cost and hassle. I'm pretty sure they're CALENDAR year licenses do don't buy an annual towards the end of the year as it expires on 12/31 regardless.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:41 AM

One more thing. Rocket Launch on Tuesday 18th, wonder if that would jam up the fishing pier with people coming to watch? Probably not I would think, they could just watch from the beach for free.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,195,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
One more thing. Rocket Launch on Tuesday 18th, wonder if that would jam up the fishing pier with people coming to watch? Probably not I would think, they could just watch from the beach for free.
Actually the pier gets crowded on launch days. Can't even remember anyone fishing from the pier the last time we watched from there.

Personally, I would head down to Sebastian Inlet for fishing from a pier, but you will need to buy a license for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County