Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,246 times

Advertisements

The area around Florida Tech, University Boulevard, is a total ghetto, it is a high crime area and the Melbourne Police are always there due to things like shootings and thefts and robberies, I went to school at Florida Tech and briefly lived in the area, some years ago a Florida Tech security guard was murdered by a resident of the surrounding neighborhood, that is all you need to know about the area, STAY AWAY!!

Last edited by michaelgworkman; 09-12-2019 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Updated text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 09:50 PM

115 posts, read 319,209 times
I was reading this thread and wondered how you are doing? Did you decide on the Melbourne area? If so here are my thoughts.

I agree with Michaelg. Those areas.. anything off University on the east side of Babcock are going to be the roughest. Even though you'd think living off Route 1 might have nice views its also not a good area to rent off until you get father north Melbourne. Unless its changed in the last 6 years since I lived there (born and raised) the areas off Wickham Rd by Sarno, Eau Galie, and Aurora arent great either. Drugs, run down apartments, and kids straight out of their moms house that party. Living off Lake Washington Rd or Parkway might be an ok choice. Farther north gets nice but the rents go up too. In considering what complex to rent, make sure to check out the reviews as you can run into complexes with serious roach problems. Also if you live across the bridge (not mainland) read up extra on hurricane prepardness and talk to locals about it before commiting. Oh, and I remember Rockledge having numerous apartment complexes but also that it was a bit shady. Does anyone else know how Rockledge is fairing now these days since its a very short commute into Melb and more commutable to Orlando for work?

If I moved back and rented with that budget.. and I know rent prices have skyrocketed locally (back in 2009 I rented a 1 bedroom for $395 in PB).. I'd try and rent a condo. It's by far the nicest choice. If not I'd prob. honestly look at renting in slightly cheaper Palm Bay since I'm so familiar (huge caution there with some of the apts). Also consider the road drainage on the roads the apt/condo is on. Road drainage systems = far less flooding during big storms. Since you're in NH I just want to convey how important that is. Now living in MA myself, I'm shocked at the lack of road drainage holes along the roads. We get the most pathetic little storms here and the roads start flooding an inch+ deep. You cant go without them in FL without big problems

Old 11-10-2019, 08:45 AM

166 posts, read 352,735 times
Good info Annagurl333. So looking at the map it looks like the whole area surrounding the airport and Northrop Grumman buildings are bad? Is that accurate? Is it so bad you feel like you would be car-jacked going to the airport or to work or to college in that area? I think it is sad when areas around a college are bad like that. I know in Baltimore there are major safety concerns around Johns Hopkins University. So disappointing when areas dangerous like that.

Old 11-11-2019, 04:49 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
Good info Annagurl333. So looking at the map it looks like the whole area surrounding the airport and Northrop Grumman buildings are bad? Is that accurate? Is it so bad you feel like you would be car-jacked going to the airport or to work or to college in that area? I think it is sad when areas around a college are bad like that. I know in Baltimore there are major safety concerns around Johns Hopkins University. So disappointing when areas dangerous like that.
I don't think it is that bad of an area to visit and pass through. I used to got the Melbourne airport often when the flights worked for me. Never had an issue at all. I just might not choose to live in those areas full time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County