Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 09:15 PM

4 posts, read 3,927 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
Planning to move from NE to FL, prefer the Brevard county area and will rent first before making any long term commitment. Did some research and jotted down a few rental places, would appreciate any recommendations from local folks. Looking for 1 or 2 bedroom, townhouse would be nice, budget wisE would like to keep it around $1500, but can go higher. Was told that West Melburne is better than Melbourne, but open to suggesstions. Been looking at Satellite Beach, many positive reviews and I do like the water. Primarily looking for safe and respectful areas. Want to be as far away from hoods and ghettos as possible. Will be in Brevard, the first week of March, so any feeback will be much appreciated. Thank you and best regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 05:18 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,684,176 times
I do like Satellite Beach more so than Melbourne, but that is a personal choice. For the size you are looking, you should be able to find something for $1,500 or even less. Depends on amenities and condition. Go visit and drive around for yourself. A good realtor can also help you find something out there while showing some pluses and minuses in a particular location.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:50 AM

@ Nypafl4u : thanks for your reply and suggestions.
I am in Melbourne, from the little I have seen so far, I am preferring West Melbourne. However over the weekend I was in Orlando and was impressed by some of the areas, very clean, infrastructure looked very good, positive vibes about the area, so far I cant say the same about the Melbourne area. I plan to revisit Orlando and checkout some areas there. But while I am in Melbourne area I will go to Viera, Rockledge etc.
Best Regards,

Old 03-03-2020, 03:23 PM

482 posts, read 419,379 times
Mims.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:39 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamdaSlide View Post
@ Nypafl4u : thanks for your reply and suggestions.
I am in Melbourne, from the little I have seen so far, I am preferring West Melbourne. However over the weekend I was in Orlando and was impressed by some of the areas, very clean, infrastructure looked very good, positive vibes about the area, so far I cant say the same about the Melbourne area. I plan to revisit Orlando and checkout some areas there. But while I am in Melbourne area I will go to Viera, Rockledge etc.
Best Regards,
Viera/Rockledge is a must see if you like newer construction and more a well-planned feel. Much less crowded and congested than Orlando minus the high crime, as well as overkill of tourism plus rapidly changing cultural landscape with a massive Puerto Rican influx.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:09 PM

Viera is newer and possibly well planned out if you like the cookie cutter approach in most newer communities. I find the lots also to be smaller. But you will get modern floor plans with open concepts and higher ceilings than the older communities.
Personally, I am not a fan of much of Orlando. It will be more congested and very touristy as well as pricier overall. But driving around and seeing for yourself is still the best bet.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the replies. We drove a lot through Brevard. Viera is nice but my wife didn't like it, so it's out (her words, "it's too fresh, this town needs some seasoning"- lol). We were warming up to Satellite Beach area and Palm Bay. I had heard some negative stuff about Palm Bay but I found it to be pretty nice, actually I preferred PB over Melbourne and West Melbourne. Every night we had dinner at Long Doggers at their different locations and it was really nice, for breakfast we went to Surfinista in Indialantic. Anyways, decided to expand our horizons and explore a little more so hopped on I-95 South, we drove down all the way to West Palm Beach, and started exploring Palm Beach county. Parts of West Palm Beach are really nice and Palm Beach is beautiful. Finally we made it to Jupiter and both of us we were happy when we got there. On the way back we stopped at other towns like Hobe Sound and Port St. Lucie, but then decided to come back the next day and explore Palm Beach county a little more. The following day we drove back to Jupiter area and spent the entire day there and in surrounding Palm Beach Gardens and Juno Beach. These are the three towns we like the best, with Jupiter being #1 on the list. So now we are looking to rent in Jupiter, hopefully we'll be able to find something nice within our budget and make the move asap, after that we'll explore more, with the hopes of purchasing a dwelling and turn it into our home.

Old 03-08-2020, 05:43 PM

Jupiter is nice, but $1,500 for rent won't get you too much. Good luck with the search.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:30 PM

You are correct. Had to to kick it up a little. Talked to a realtor lady while in Jupiter and she sent some rentals listings, $1700 for 2 beds in Jupiter and PBG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County