Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 06:37 AM

91 posts, read 167,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
Hi! I hope everyone is doing well! I am wondering how you think Brevard County handled the whole Covid thing and the status of life now?

Are you required to wear masks inside stores?

Are restaurants open to eat inside?

Are kids camps going on as planned?

Any word on how schools will re-open in the fall? Like normal or distance learning or a combo?

Thanks!
I would say Brevard is going real good. Restaurants seem packed, especially in Cocoa Beach and Canaveral. Hotel parking lots seem full.

I really don't want to get into a mask debate, but people in Brevard have been very patient with the mask situation and courteous to others. When I go into Lowes/ Publix/Walmart/ect, I put my mask on, when I get out, I take it off. With the numbers and hospital bed numbers low, patience is running a bit thin at this point. City mask ordinances will expire in early October I think, at least in Satellite Beach.

Schools are doing better than expected in my opinion. I have a child in a Brevard brick and mortar school and it's been nothing but positive. A lot of E-Learner students have come back to the regular classroom. No hesitation or fear in sending to school at all.

Don't listen to the hysteria, Brevard is doing great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 11:03 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paul View Post
I would say Brevard is going real good. Restaurants seem packed, especially in Cocoa Beach and Canaveral. Hotel parking lots seem full.

I really don't want to get into a mask debate, but people in Brevard have been very patient with the mask situation and courteous to others. When I go into Lowes/ Publix/Walmart/ect, I put my mask on, when I get out, I take it off. With the numbers and hospital bed numbers low, patience is running a bit thin at this point. City mask ordinances will expire in early October I think, at least in Satellite Beach.

Schools are doing better than expected in my opinion. I have a child in a Brevard brick and mortar school and it's been nothing but positive. A lot of E-Learner students have come back to the regular classroom. No hesitation or fear in sending to school at all.

Don't listen to the hysteria, Brevard is doing great.
Unless you are one of the ones who died? Or one of the ones who have suffered with Covid since June and have heart, kidney, or lung damage for life because no one knows if the damage is permanent or may heal.

Our numbers are down. But our testing and reporting is down.

1. You are asked and hopefully will be asked to wear a mask in stores. Please do so to protect our essential workers and older customers. Unless you actually work in retail and other essential jobs you may not see the numbers of employees who do call out because of exposure, symptoms or positive tests. So it looks rosy.

2. Restaurants are open and as of Monday so are the bars. Hopefully it will last and there won't be another closure when too many of the employees get covid or it causes an uptake in numbers of the college age.

3. Kids back in school. There have been some school closures because of exposure to covid that require extreme cleaning and quarantines of some staff and students. Most are doing OK . We will have a more accurate count of school related cases because the District has set up their own reporting agency. https://www.brevardschools.org/COVID-19

Old 09-16-2020, 09:21 AM

451 posts, read 455,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlyn View Post
The only way you'll be able to live somewhere that doesn't have corrupt and lunatic politicians is if you have a time machine
What good would a time machine do? There's nothing new under the sun.

Old 05-07-2022, 11:54 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,226,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
New York has its problems too. Not sure where the political leaders are decent anymore. Very sad indeed.
So true!!!!

Old 06-29-2022, 12:36 AM

Brevard County, Florida Covid Case and Risk Tracker

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Old 06-29-2022, 12:42 AM

I have never removed my mask when out in public and inside a building. I do not wear it once I hit the parking lot = about ready to pass out from lack of oxygen/lol. I also limit my need to be in groups. If it is not MANDATORY, you are not seeing me

Old 07-03-2022, 08:35 AM

Sunday - July 3, 2022

The number of hospitalized Covid patients has risen in the Brevard County area.

Deaths have decreased.

An average of 267 cases per day were reported in Brevard County, about the same as the average two weeks ago.

Brevard County, Florida Covid Case and Risk Tracker

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County