Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 02:41 PM

902 posts, read 796,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
That is because Fairfax County is very blue. That is why schools are closed. If you voted red then head on down to FL. But if you voted blue you get what you voted for and please do not bring your leftist voting to FL. So many cities and states have been ruined by people fleeing NY/NJ/CA (because politicians have ruined those areas) who continue to vote in the same type of politicians that ruined their previous states! Soon every state will be in dismal affairs like CA.
I am not usually political but I have reached my breaking point.
They sure have, just as they’ve done with Florida.

Funny how blue leaning folks raise their families and earn their fortunes and retirements in other states like NY, then become empty nesters and move to FL to retire ... and guess what?

Seemingly overnight they turn a bright Red for no other reason than to protect their assets (not to mention their consciences) as they near the pearly gates and to fit in properly with the rest of their pretentious neighbors.

It’s really a very comical thing to behold. Very similar to when New Yorkers move to FL then start complaining about all of the Florida drivers ... when most of whom they’re complaining of are former New Yorkers out on the roadways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 03:03 PM

29 posts, read 33,104 times
I can completely understand how other states are also being run to the ground like CA & NY. This is not political and we're a younger family who have NOT voted blue, LOL. We definitely are not for all the cancel culture and diversity for the sound bite however, we do like diversity of thought. I would like to leave politics aside right here and focus on the other important facts. Rest assured, we're not the bunch of folks who like to color a state purple.
What are the areas that have great middle & high schools in Brevard county?

Old 04-23-2021, 09:27 AM

4 posts, read 3,101 times
You should (and can) vote how you want. It's a FREE country.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:57 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,737,263 times
We chose Satellite Beach (27-years) for the schools, lifestyle and beachside proximity and easy access to Harris Palm Bay or Wickham campuses. The barrier islands are good because it eliminates much of the transient traffic and maintains a smaller town 'feel' because of the geographical limitation on new buildings.

Other similar barrier island cities in the same area are Indian Harbor Beach, Indilalantic and Melbourne Beach

Last edited by jghorton; 04-23-2021 at 11:06 AM..

Old 04-24-2021, 10:32 AM

3,972 posts, read 8,102,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGAFL View Post
Why the fascination with "diversity"? Just live where you're happy! And don't blue state Brevard! This is a VERY "red" county.

The best schools are north in St. Johns and Nassau counties, ranked #1 & #2 respectively in FL, but not a lot of diversity in either one.
Only if you are red? Lots of us are not red or blue and detest what has happened to make people think they can't like and enjoy the company of someone who is of the other party. We still believe in voting for who will do the best in our county. We co-exist with all political parties. Most of us are not politics first, but life first.
Politics is not the first something that comes up in conversation. And even though we do have some republicans in office it does not mean that we are a "very red county".

It is really hard to judge schools this year. It has been choice to go to school or teach at home here in Brevard. So it sort of depends on how good and diligent mom or dad has been doing teaching their kids with the help of the teacher. I think all kids are back in block schools unless the parents do home schooling as a general practice.

To the op... our junior highs and high schools are pretty large in some cases too. I think Viera is the largest high school with2000+ most of the rest in the 1000-1500 range but there are a few that have less. Most of the middle schools are 1000 or less.
School rank has come down some in the last couple years but still a good county for schools. A lot has to do with covid and how well the parents have been doing working with the teachers. Not all teachers are as good on the screen as they are in in person teaching, too. I know my granddaughters barely passed when schooling was at home in 2020 in their county, but managed to get back up to As when they started in the classroom here in Brevard this fall. Brevard county has a lot of students actually graduate high school and get their 2 year college degree at the same time.
With what is happening in Virginia if it is is true-equalizing education by taking away advanced placement math classes and making all high school students until junior/senior year take general math, moving here would be what I would do, too. My sons took algebra 3 in 9th grade when it was still middle school here. I do not know how the kids in Virginia will be able to compete to get into good colleges if they haven't had the geometries, calculus, and algebra 3s etc .

Old 04-25-2021, 07:36 AM

29 posts, read 33,104 times
Thanks Rabflmom. Exactly what you said. We don’t lead with politics and are tired of how Virginia is politicizing schools & kids here.... all to serve their own narrative.
The locals here are outraged at the proposition of all extended math courses being taken away. It’s just insane and it may help families like us who have been on the fence with moving. Our primary reason to be here is the awesome schools but after the pandemic, it no longer seems like they’ll stay awesome. Thanks for giving me a good idea of the high schools & the crowd.
How are the private schools there? Do a lot of kids go to private? We’re a family where we love public schools and would really prefer our kid to be with the rest. I was curious about the percentage of kids doing public versus private education

Old 04-29-2021, 07:55 PM

3,972 posts, read 8,102,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevas View Post
Thanks Rabflmom. Exactly what you said. We don’t lead with politics and are tired of how Virginia is politicizing schools & kids here.... all to serve their own narrative.
The locals here are outraged at the proposition of all extended math courses being taken away. It’s just insane and it may help families like us who have been on the fence with moving. Our primary reason to be here is the awesome schools but after the pandemic, it no longer seems like they’ll stay awesome. Thanks for giving me a good idea of the high schools & the crowd.
How are the private schools there? Do a lot of kids go to private? We’re a family where we love public schools and would really prefer our kid to be with the rest. I was curious about the percentage of kids doing public versus private education
I'm retired now so don't keep up with what is happening in the schools that much; but we have some good charter schools that work under the county as well. As for private schools most I think are church related.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:56 PM

1,675 posts, read 1,107,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGAFL View Post
Why the fascination with "diversity"? Just live where you're happy! And don't blue state Brevard! This is a VERY "red" county.

The best schools are north in St. Johns and Nassau counties, ranked #1 & #2 respectively in FL, but not a lot of diversity in either one.
Do you hear yourself? You sound like a terrible person. Or you're a once good person whose mind and basic etiquette towards others has been poisoned by politics.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:02 PM

1,675 posts, read 1,107,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
That is because Fairfax County is very blue. That is why schools are closed. If you voted red then head on down to FL. But if you voted blue you get what you voted for and please do not bring your leftist voting to FL. So many cities and states have been ruined by people fleeing NY/NJ/CA (because politicians have ruined those areas) who continue to vote in the same type of politicians that ruined their previous states! Soon every state will be in dismal affairs like CA.
I am not usually political but I have reached my breaking point.
Out of control real estate (i.e.---unregulated capitalism) has ruined California.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:51 AM

26,798 posts, read 43,267,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Out of control real estate (i.e.---unregulated capitalism) has ruined California.
The California right-wing narrative is getting old and completely out of touch with reality. Beyond that, Florida has no room to talk with the trajectory we're on.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County