Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill19 View Post
Hello all. I'm looking into moving to a Florida town on the ocean to both start over and also experience a whole new culture at the same time about mid February (end of current lease). I'm 31, single, no kids, and just quit my hard partying lifestyle and just looking to start over. After reading some threads, I've been scared off from Fort Myers and, well, anywhere in South Florida due to high crime. I have yet to hear anything bad about Melbourne though. That is, except South Melbourne. I'm looking to simply enjoy the sunshine and the ocean in a relaxed city. At the same time I'd need to find a decent job and can probably afford about $700/month apartment to start. Does Melbourne sound right for me? If not, can anyone offer any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Hi Bill,

I can definitely understand what you're going thru. I am also moving to the Malbourne/Palm Bay area, as my daughter is starting college there and I have been doing quite a bit of research about the area. We actually found an inexpensive apt in Palm Bay. It's called Madalyn Landing and the rent is very reasonable. Take a look at it on their web-site. Just type in the name of the apt complex and Palm Bay and it'll show pictures, floor plans. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 07:17 AM

12 posts, read 51,878 times
I've lived here 30 years. Many porches have no screening. It's far nicer than the black flies, mosquitos, etc of north and the county sprays! Not bad to me!

Last edited by Keeper; 02-07-2009 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: removed website

Old 02-07-2009, 10:29 AM

206 posts, read 1,134,668 times
[quote=Kristina03;7172636]Hi Bill,

We actually found an inexpensive apt in Palm Bay. It's called Madalyn Landing and the rent is very reasonable. [/quote

Look around some more, you don't want to live in Madalyn Landing. I've not lived there nor have any of my family, however they have done some research and my step son had several friends that lived there for short time. Basically they could not wait to get out and did so as soon as the lease was up. You might want to take a look at a map, get the street names and then go here City of Palm Bay, Florida - Police Department

Last edited by bcfarmlady; 02-07-2009 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: m
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County