Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:25 PM

448 posts, read 1,465,702 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Ohio. Reason for moving, weather, our school taxes and we would not have a mortgage payment after the sale. Plus hubby has a bunch of clients in FL.
Thinking of a bunch of areas. Merritt Island, Melbourne and Palm Bay. I have been reading some of the good and bads concerning Palm Bay. What is the crime rate like. Especially around Massini and Americana ave. Thinking of a house in that area.

Any advice on Brevard County and areas to consider? We have been on the realtor.com page several times.

With due time, we hope to be out of Ohio before the first snow fall We will see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 12:59 PM

5 posts, read 21,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
we currently live in ohio. Reason for moving, weather, our school taxes and we would not have a mortgage payment after the sale. Plus hubby has a bunch of clients in fl.
Thinking of a bunch of areas. Merritt island, melbourne and palm bay. I have been reading some of the good and bads concerning palm bay. What is the crime rate like. Especially around massini and americana ave. Thinking of a house in that area.

Any advice on brevard county and areas to consider? We have been on the realtor.com page several times.

With due time, we hope to be out of ohio before the first snow fall We will see
hi we just moved to palm bay 6 months ago from warren ohio because of the weathe. We have no family here but we love it the beaches are nice, the city is nice the people are even nicer. We love the school systems and the crime is nothing compared to ohio we are very close to americana ave... You get more bang for your buck in palm bay but the other ares around it are nice to. Moderator cut: send DM Good luck with the move i know its scary but its the best decision we ever made. Beth

Last edited by Keeper; 10-21-2008 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: realtor recommendations not allowed.. send DM

Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETHS PARDISE View Post
hi we just moved to palm bay 6 months ago from warren ohio because of the weathe. We have no family here but we love it the beaches are nice, the city is nice the people are even nicer. We love the school systems and the crime is nothing compared to ohio we are very close to americana ave... You get more bang for your buck in palm bay but the other ares around it are nice to. Moderator cut: send DM Good luck with the move i know its scary but its the best decision we ever made. Beth
Thanks for the advice. There are so many area's to choose from. The weather is a main factor. Looks like, so far, we may be spending a fall/winter in Ohio. We do love Ohio. Have the best of friends and neighbors, but the cold weather has taken the best of us! We are not moving until our home is sold.
We really like Brevard County. Can't wait to bask in the sun!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:59 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,502,207 times
Have you considered Titusville?

The City of Titusville, Florida - HOME
Titusville, Florida - Visitors Information - Travel Guide

Old 10-24-2008, 08:54 AM

We have. But some of the areas are less than desireable. We looked around Rolling hill drive area. There tended to be a nice home than next door a run down house.
If you can recommend an area, that would be great.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:05 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,502,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
We have. But some of the areas are less than desireable. We looked around Rolling hill drive area. There tended to be a nice home than next door a run down house.
If you can recommend an area, that would be great.
Whispering Hills Golf Estates

Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Whispering Hills Golf Estates
why?

Old 11-05-2008, 03:17 PM

3 posts, read 14,573 times
We moved to Brevard County in June and we love it! We live in Satellite Beach and you couldn't ask for more. We have wonderful A rated schools, NO CRIME, it's very family oriented. Most of the housing is on the older side but most have/are being remodeled and are affordable. If you want new, go to Viera. EVERYTHING is new there; schools, housing, extensive shopping and still close to the rivers and beaches. I have only been to Palm Bay twice and was not impressed, I have heard only bad things since I moved here about that area even from people I work with that live there. I suggest a visit of at least a few days, ask around, the people here are very friendly and helpful. Look at the demographics of the area and find a realtor to send you a relocation package. Good luck!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittysgirl View Post
We moved to Brevard County in June and we love it! We live in Satellite Beach and you couldn't ask for more. We have wonderful A rated schools, NO CRIME, it's very family oriented. Most of the housing is on the older side but most have/are being remodeled and are affordable. If you want new, go to Viera. EVERYTHING is new there; schools, housing, extensive shopping and still close to the rivers and beaches. I have only been to Palm Bay twice and was not impressed, I have heard only bad things since I moved here about that area even from people I work with that live there. I suggest a visit of at least a few days, ask around, the people here are very friendly and helpful. Look at the demographics of the area and find a realtor to send you a relocation package. Good luck!
thanks smittygirl I have heard mixed things concering Palm Bay. But, you can have that everywhere. We have thought about Satellite Beach, Merritt Island and Mims. Viera is new and we have looked into the area.
thanks and keep the info coming. Enjoy the nice weather, we hope to be there someday

Old 11-06-2008, 12:08 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,136,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittysgirl View Post
We moved to Brevard County in June and we love it! We live in Satellite Beach and you couldn't ask for more. We have wonderful A rated schools, NO CRIME, it's very family oriented.
Hmm . . . I'm not at all saying that Satellite Beach is bad, that anyone shouldn't live there, etc., but there really aren't places (well, with any significant population at least) with no crime. The population of Satellite Beach is around 10,000, and in some recent years, at least according to some statistics online, there have been as many as 3 robberies, 5 rapes, 9 auto thefts, 25 assaults, 84 burglaries, and 194 thefts reported. Different years have different numbers for each of those, and there are years with NO rapes or years with NO robberies, for example, and I don't see a murder listed for any year (in the small span of years I found data for), but there is still crime there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County