U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 14,580 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Melbourne area from our current home in the DC suburbs. I've been reading posts about Melbourne and neighboring areas and have seen comments about traffic being bad. Being from the DC area, we're used to bad traffic. Does anybody have any idea how the traffic in Melbourne would compare to DC traffic? I would think anything would have to be better!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 AM

60 posts, read 202,142 times
Compared to DC, and Baltimore, Melbourne has no traffic! I just returned from 3 months in DC and my brother lives in Baltimore, i would have to say that that area is worse than even Chicago when it comes to traffic.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 10,344 times
Default melbourne traffic

You would feel like you had died and gone to heaven compared to DC traffic! A bad traffic day is missing 1 turn on a red light! Now it does get frustrating when some one is doing 25 in a 45 but they go home in April! Melbourne is a great place I really enjoy living here.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:05 PM

631 posts, read 2,324,833 times
Melbourne honestly has the least amount of traffic I have ever seen on a Florida coast. I love Melbourne.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:27 PM

66 posts, read 294,869 times
Everybody is right...compared to the DC area, you'll feel like you're in heaven.
If you're a smoker, you'll fit right in too. I'm a non smoker myself,but it seems like everybody is always smoking at every stop light I get stopped at. Just yesterday, I had somebody smoking in front of me,behind me, and on both sides of me. I felt like singing that Sesame Street song where they sing "Which of these things don't belong here"...lol
About the only thing that would be stopped traffic would be from an accident. Sometimes if its really, really slow on I-95...its from somebody who just has a flat tire on the side of the road.Kind of silly when that happens.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,348 times
My Husband And I Want To Move To Melbourne. I Am Worried About The Schools. Does Anyone Have Any Information On The Schools There. Our Daughter Is 7 Yrs. Old. We Live In A Great School District Now. But Really Want To Move To Melbourne. we live in toledo ohio.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 PM

1,464 posts, read 3,897,913 times
www.floridatoday.com is a newspaper for Brevard county, which means for Melbourne. it's a good source of information. from live daily traffic,..., to local events.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:49 PM

5,701 posts, read 23,146,065 times
The traffic in Melbourne is nothing compared to DC. DC is listed as the 3er worst city with traffic problems. The Capital Beltway serves as the rotary for the Capital, and the volume of traffic hitting this interchange from Maryland and Virginia is particularly difficult for commuters during both morning and evening rush hours.

By the Texas Transportation Institute's reckoning, the cities having the worst traffic problems are:

1. Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Calif.

2. San Francisco, Oakland, Calif.

3. Washington, D.C.

4. Atlanta

5. Houston

6. Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Tex.

7. Chicago.

8. Detroit

9. Riverside, San Bernardino, Calif.

9. Orlando, Fla.

11. San Jose, Calif.

12. San Diego

Old 04-26-2007, 05:46 PM

3,258 posts, read 8,477,559 times
Traffic in Melbourne doesn't even compare to DC area traffic.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM

4 posts, read 53,103 times
The traffic shouldn't be a worry. Interstate-95 and US1 can get a little busy during rush-hours, but nothing like true city traffic.

For schools, Brevard County has pretty good schools in my opinion. Unfortunately I'm north County, so don't know the details about the Southern schools as much. They have excellent dual-enrollment programs with local Brevard Community College.

- Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County