U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM

448 posts, read 1,353,169 times

Advertisements

Still trying to find a place to live! We want the space coast area. Just not sure on the location.

We have been researching so many areas, still not sure where to live!
Acerage is important. At least 1/2 an acre. But without the redneck neighbors. We looked in Palm Bay and some areas were, well....not desireable. But some areas were decent. We just don't want .24 acres of land.

What are your thoughts on Merritt Island, Grant and Port St Lucie?
Those are a few of the areas that looked interesting.

Does anyone have the good and bads of the areas? Brevard County and IRC. thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 01:29 PM

66 posts, read 284,439 times
You'll find redneck neighbors anywhere you go in this area of Florida. There just tends to be more of them in Palm Bay.
Grant and Malabar are nice...lots of trees and such..I knew one person who lived in Grant and they weren't redneckish.

Have you checked out west melbourne or melbourne village?

If you want to really get away from the redneck factor then go beachside. The insurance and taxes are not much worse than inland like people are led to believe.(I've lived in both places). Melbourne Beach has bigger lots if that is what you want. Schools on beachside are way better as well.

One more thing...why move to Florida if you're just going to live inland and not close to the beach? Believe me...you are not going to get to the ocean and do all those kind of activities as much as you want. People always think that they will, but it doesn't happen when they have to drive somewhere. Living inland will be just like being in the midwest, but it'll be more humid, more bugs, and you have to worry if your land is on previous swamp land.
I'm not bashing anyone...I'm just talking from experience.To live the Florida lifestyle..you need to be close to the water.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:33 PM

Actually we do live in the midwest(Ohio) Sorry, thought it was cute that you mentioned that. As I look out our window its rainy, not snowy, for a change. And cold/damp. One of "many" main factors on moving. Believe its just not the weather.

We have thought of Melbourne. What is Melbourne Village? The area does seem nice. Grant and Sebastian seemed like they had some land as well. We had the impression that those areas were still close enough to the beach and not real buggy?! The type of home we really need is at least a two car garage with land. We have not only our day runners(cars), but our motorcycles and a referbed car.

Looking on the web at houses for sale is a bit overwhelming. We have our home for sale here in Ohio and it shows well. We figured everyone showed their home that way Not! Some of the homes in the brevard and IRC area look good on the outside. Just what we want. Then the inside is a mess.

Now what about Cocoa? I have heard some bad stories more than good. any thoughts. thanks again

Old 12-10-2008, 05:40 AM

12,869 posts, read 13,610,188 times
if you could get a good deal grant is very nice, as is malabar. they have more undeveloped land available in nice areas. sebastian is nice, but fairly developed. (you might be able to get a half acre) it all depends on what price range you are talking about.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 AM

8,178 posts, read 17,059,801 times
Define redneck

Old 12-10-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Define redneck

huh

Old 12-10-2008, 01:17 PM

8,178 posts, read 17,059,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust;6489341 [B
But without the redneck neighbors. [/b]

I don't understand the confusion. What is your definition of redneck?

Old 12-10-2008, 02:00 PM

66 posts, read 284,439 times
floridaorbust...you don't have to answer that question..somebody is just trying to act "offended".

Going back to my original post..the reason I mentioned the midwest was because that was my perspective. I grew up in Indiana so that is why I mentioned that inland was like living in the midwest but with extra bugs and more humidity.

Melbourne Village is a wooded area right smack in the middle of Melbourne and west Melbourne. All the houses in there have 1/2 acre or more and they all have tree lots. Its between Nasa blvd and hwy 192. I think if you google it, it may came up. Its a nice area and you don't feel like your in the middle of the town.

One other area you may want to look into is Canaveral Groves. We lived close to there when we first moved there. We had 2 acres, a pond, and lots of trees. It was nice but we had to move due to job transfer and we wanted to be closer to the beach.

Cocoa is a dump....lots of crime...drugs...holdups..that sort of thing. Don't let anybody fool ya.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:05 PM

1,550 posts, read 2,060,281 times
Redneck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-10-2008, 07:35 PM

Thanks Beckerd I was not going to answer the question. I'm sure they have a dictionary in the home.

So your an Indiana native? You do understand the "wonderful" winters we have in the area.

We probably have driven by the Melbourne Village area. We also like Merritt Island. It has the "old" florida feel. When we went down in June we visited the Viera area. The houses are expensive and squeezed in. I also heard they had a major flood with one of the Hurricanes. Guess they built some of these homes on a flood zone?

Your not the only person that has warned us about Cocoa. Got the same response about Palm Bay and Ft Pierce. Vero sounds like a decent area.

thanks for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County