Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:32 AM

15 posts, read 29,839 times

Advertisements

Although this was posted SIX YEARS AGO... I dislike Melbourne with a passion. Traffic, cost of living, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 05:40 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,552 times
The Beach. thats about it though lol

Old 08-30-2013, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,405 times
Health First at Cape Canaveral is very good hospital. I did my clinically there (Phlebotomy). Had to be per dawn, but most views have a view of the water! You can look up the hospital to see their patient care satisfaction.

We live at Patrick AFB & love is because we are in a two story, three bedroom townhouse with a view of the river and the breeze from the ocean helps with summertime heat. In fact, I am sitting on my back patio watching a beautiful sunset as I type this on my iPad.

I'm from the south, so I can take the heat, but some people can't. Don't know where you are use to living. There are lots of better places for lots of reasons, and lots of worse places for more reasons!

Pros: little to no traffic... unless between November and May (snowbirds) - old people. It's good for the economy, but annoying with regards to driving (they drive really s-l-o-w).

I consider this a pro, but some may not: casual dress attire EVERYWHERE! I live in flip flops ok shorts.

Weather, while hot & humid from May to November, we have the most amazing winters.

People are friendly and like to engage in conversations as to 'where ya from'.

Sunshine almost every single day!

Beautiful sunsets!

Orlando is a little over an hour away. More young people things to do, and some fun stuff for old farts too!

The start of the Keys are about five hours away. Talk about beautiful waters!!! If you like to fish, you will want to live here.

Nothing is too far to get to. Driving across town is a cake walk.

Housing is affordable! The lady at said she was paying a little over a thousand for a small 3 bedroom found a good deal... especially close to the river! You won't have a problem with housing here!

Cons: employers pay as little as possible! So hopefully you are getting transferred, or don't need much to live on!

Not really a 'fun' town as far as night life goes. In fact, there is little to no culture here.

Flat terrine.

Not too many good fresh seafood places, which is a crying shame since we are surrounded by water!
The Fat Snook is quite expensive but really good for an occasional splurge.

Living close to the ocean will rust your stuff. Our cars need a bath once a week to get off the saltwater.

Bugs. We got 'em. Snakes, spiders, alligators, sharks, frogs, and tons of lizzards. They don't bother me though. We are in a tropical climate so is is expected.

Hurricanes! I have lived here for 24 years, so have had experience with some mild to awful weather. We just prepare & evacuate when we know its the right thing to do.

Good luck!

Old 04-20-2018, 08:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,179 times
I'm interested in reviews of 55+ mobile home parks in or around Melbourne. I've seen conflicting opinions.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:54 PM

413 posts, read 301,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDan0819 View Post
I'm interested in reviews of 55+ mobile home parks in or around Melbourne. I've seen conflicting opinions.
There is an active thread on that subject! This is a 5 year old dead thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County