U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2007, 07:55 PM

228 posts, read 824,314 times

Advertisements

ANyone have any info on living over in the space coast, mostly Titusville or Cocoa?? Shopping?? Medical??? Schools?? Any help appreicated!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 05:07 PM

119 posts, read 574,486 times
I just stumbled across this--

I've lived in Cocoa for the last two years for grad. school and can't wait to leave (moving to Jax for a job soon). The shopping is neat in Cocoa Village (antiques, handmade stuff) but there is no mall...and IMHO there is nothing to do in Cocoa if you don't own a boat. This is weird b/c it's in between Cocoa Beach and Orlando, which are full of things to do. I wish there were more restaurants and shopping in Cocoa--the place has so much potential!

btw, I am a lifelong Baltimorean before grad. school...so that is my frame of reference for shopping and such.

oh, I see you want medical info too...I've been to Cape Canaveral hospital in Cocoa Beach (10 min. from Cocoa) a few times and found their ER services to be superb

Old 05-27-2007, 07:46 PM

20 posts, read 98,021 times
Wink Go south young man

Melbourne/Palm Bay area is much more lively than Cocoa and definately Titusville.
Take it from someone with 50 yrs on the Space Coast.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:37 PM

9 posts, read 21,282 times
Cocoa Beach is a great beach town, but Cocoa is indeed very quiet although it does have its charms in the Cocoa Village neighborhood. South Brevard is more populous, economically diverse and younger. For example, 45% of Brevard Community College's students attend one campus -- the Melbourne campus, and a majority of its students attend at either Melbourne or Palm Bay. My aunt lives in Titusville and likes the peace and quiet, and Titusville is convenient to UCF's main campus, but I prefer life in south Brevard due to the arts community, the abundance of shopping and restaurants, and the convenience of the beaches. As one poster commented, it is much more lively in Melbourne/Palm Bay.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 PM

110 posts, read 512,078 times
Arrow Cocoa Beach is a good choice

Cocoa Beach is a very nice community to live in. Yes you do have some transient population with the snowbirds. The quality of life is good and it is a small community. Shopping is not one it's best attributes. As the other poster suggested you'll have to head towards Merritt Island or better yet Melbourne for that. Schools however are much better beachside. Here is a link to the Newsweek National High School Rankings.

America's Top Public High Schools | Newsweek Best High Schools | Newsweek.com

Note that Cocoa Beach is number 103

Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 AM

763 posts, read 3,295,503 times
Cocoa Beach is really quiet and is essentially a small surfing town, but it's really charming if you're into a quiet beach town. It also has good public schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County