U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,061 times

Advertisements

I know this is the Orlando section, but could not find a section for the cocoa beach area. Is Titusville an upscale area? I am looking to move down and want something in that area - Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach - is Titusville comparable?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 PM

885 posts, read 2,093,981 times
I live near Titusville, though I wouldn't call it more upscale than the surrounding east coast areas you mention. Just like Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach, it has it's good parts and bad parts. Titusville has some condo developments in the intercoastal causeways that are not selling at this time. There are some new neighborhoods built with Mercedes homes off the 520, but not sure if that's considered Titusville.

I believe there's more development in Merritt Island, but nothing like in east Orlando. Cocoa Beach is cocoa beach, Ron Jons, along the shore with apartments, hotels, and condos, and overpriced tiny homes along A1A.

What type of community are you looking for? If you're looking for a well-developed community or neighborhood near the coast, I would say Melbourne in Brevard County may be more what you're looking for, or that new condo community nearby called Venetian Villange.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 6,055 times
Titusville has all ranges of housing to include upscaled housing, but it is not a large city. We have Play Linda Beach here that is not as conjested as cocoa beach and it is not comercial, it has no concessions or such, it is just ocean and parking area's. You do get alot of tourist here in Titusville when we have launches or for things like bike week we catch the over flow from Datona sometimes.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:37 PM

885 posts, read 2,093,981 times
Like others said, I wouldn't call Titusville upscale, maybe even far from it compared to other communities inland or west of it. But if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't mind settling down in Titusville, or better yet, neighboring Port Saint John (as much as some may poke fun at how backwards these areas may be, but it's nice being near the coast, especially this time of year, if you don't mind being a hurricane risk every several years now and then). Melbourne or anywhere in Brevard County is nice as well. Nice little homes and quiet community, away from the urban sprawl anywhere zoned in Orlando. The only thing I don't know is how receptive they would be to minorities, since I am one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County