U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 10:12 AM

12 posts, read 36,185 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been doing some research and so far have been leaning towards Oviedo as to where we may move.
I was reading the boards today, and saw someone mention Viera, Florida. I have looked a little into this town, and am very interested in getting more info.
From what I have seen so far, it sounds like a very nice place with good schools. I did go to the website and it lists the elementary and high schools in the area, but I did not see any middle schools. Can anyone tell me what middle school a child would go to if living in this area?

Also, I realize that this is a new community but does this mean that there are no already established homes? Is it a totally new town that has just been placed on the map- if that makes any sense? Since I have never been, it is hard to figure out what to make of this town.

If anyone could give me any information about this town and what to expect, I would appreciate it.

Also, I know that Viera is close to the coast so I am wondering about the insurance as well. How does it compare in regards to areas that are more central? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 12:47 PM

43,856 posts, read 47,285,584 times
I've never heard of it either. It isn't unusual for a developer to come along and 'create' a whole new town like this. Usually, they are very new and clean. Here is some good information:
Viera, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Home Insurance is always a toss up in Florida. You may be in an area where an additional flood ins. policy may be needed since hurricane ins. seldom covers flood damage.....even if the flood was caused by the hurricane. I'm sure you'll be able to get more specific info from who ever you may buy from or through.

Wish I had more info. for you.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:36 PM

334 posts, read 1,065,417 times
Viera is a nice part of town. I's a very safe, almost stereotypically picturesque suburban environment. It's been around for a while so there are some brand new neighborhoods and some more established ones. It's very family friendly as well, and real close to shopping. Personally, I prefer somewhere a bit more rural with more variety (larger lots, less cookie-cutter houses, less deed restrictions), but that's just me! I know many, many people who live in Viera and absolutely love it.

If you want to see a bit about what it's like, use the Google Maps StreetView feature to take a look. Go to maps.google.com and search for Viera. Then drag the little person icon onto a road to see it from street level!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:46 PM

41 posts, read 141,618 times
My husband and I visited the area last week while on vacation...it was beautiful, plenty of conveniences (stores, restaurants), very little traffic, and the people we encountered there were all very friendly. If you're into wildlife viewing or photography, there are many reserves/refuges in the area.

We're trying to find out more about the area too.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,454 times
Default Viera Middle Schools

I am a teacher at Viera High School, and can tell you that middle school students attend one of four schools; McNair MS, Kennedy MS, Johnson MS, and DeLaura MS.

Where exactly you go depends on the your address, and [URL="http://www.brevardschools.org"]www.brevardschools.org[/URL] has a link on the front page entitled "What School do I Attend?" Enter a potential address into the form, and you can get an idea of where your child will be bussed.

No middle school for the Viera area is on the agenda for a number of years, and especially with the recent threat of budget cuts, it will be many years before a school is built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County