U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 04:49 PM

4 posts, read 14,454 times

Advertisements

Hi, My husband and I are currently looking into homes in melbourne beach and indiatlantic.. Our biggest question is what is the insurance rates on these homes.. Most are built in late 50's and 60's concrete block with stucco.. Could anyone let me know what they pay yearly in insurance.. Also, if you do live there do you like the area? We are a young couple looking to start a family soon. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 PM

10,599 posts, read 16,100,302 times
I can't say but I can tell you the trick is to shop around. I found a BIG BIG difference among carriers when I moved here. And they are sneaky these agents. My State Farm agent here quoted me a ridiculous price and failed to disclose it was because they don't WRITE policies here and went through the state plan which in essence is for high risk type deals. Can you imagine?

I pay 600 per year the next town down in Vero Beach...on the Intracoastal not the beach for 1400 sq foot condo including 50000 contents. Wiwthout hurricane shutters including the mitigation report I gave them that lowered the original quote. It covers all interior problems the HOA covers the outside up to the interior studs.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM

10,599 posts, read 16,100,302 times
Regarding the family thing, I've read complaints about Melbourne. Keep driving down here to Vero. I think it's much nicer. Sebastian is a dead little cute fishing village "LAID BACK" everyone likes to say but that means nothing but Hirams Bar and Walmart and drug stores. For real.

Vero is unique, safe, beautiful and unpretentious and "gentle" with alot of money here that you don't see. The barrier island is gorgeous with small boardwalks, parks and playgrounds and stores and restraurants with a perfect empty beach. Inland 15 minutes we have a real mall, new, albeit the stores are smaller. Every store you can think of short of Norstrom type stores are here. 5 minutes further there's the outlet shopping center with a few more. Your basic mall type thing. And some Fl specific like Dillards Bealls and Steinmart that you don't see up north. For serious type shopping you go either an hour or so south or north. If you're that type. I wanted a specific handbag and went to West Palm Beach to pick it up.

The whole family thing is tricky in Florida. You may like Jupiter or Tequesta down further but my kid's 29 so my priorities were different. Everyone is moving UP from south of Jupiter so it's only going to get more and more congested. So I'd say VERO not a question at all.

We have a high sex offender rate the highest along the coast and it puzzles me. I believe it may be tougher registration laws or something. But there haven't been any serious issues that I've noticed. That's Florida anyway. Sex offender central LOL.

I met one at Home Depot with a sign on his vehicle that said "husband for hire" hahahahah the nerve!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County