U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 05:39 PM

519 posts, read 1,271,994 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I have posted before, thought that hubby had a pretty good chance at getting a job in the Melbourne area but it feel through, so their goes Melbourne. He has had some bites on HVAC Tech jobs but thats not what he wants to be doing, he does more of the managment type jobs now, service manager, project manager, my question is since we live out of state I am assuming that this is what is hurting his chances of getting a decent position, and on top of the economy or course. He applied to serveral jobs in Florida 2 years ago and had several opportunities, one of which starting pay was 90,000 a year some days we could kick our selfs for him not taking this position then, it was in West Palm Beach so we were afraid we still couldn't afford the cost of living on that pay? Anyhow sorry about the book, I was wondering for those who moved hear how long did it take in a job search and if anyone has any job board I haven't thought of that would be great. Believe me I think we post about 5 to 10 resumes a day, it seems like, he has an associates degree so I was hoping that would help on top of 20 years experience. Thanks for your patient if you read this and any help.
Sincerely ready to go to the ocean.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 05:43 PM

3,636 posts, read 8,881,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Hi all, I have posted before, thought that hubby had a pretty good chance at getting a job in the Melbourne area but it feel through, so their goes Melbourne. He has had some bites on HVAC Tech jobs but thats not what he wants to be doing, he does more of the managment type jobs now, service manager, project manager, my question is since we live out of state I am assuming that this is what is hurting his chances of getting a decent position, and on top of the economy or course. He applied to serveral jobs in Florida 2 years ago and had several opportunities, one of which starting pay was 90,000 a year some days we could kick our selfs for him not taking this position then, it was in West Palm Beach so we were afraid we still couldn't afford the cost of living on that pay? Anyhow sorry about the book, I was wondering for those who moved hear how long did it take in a job search and if anyone has any job board I haven't thought of that would be great. Believe me I think we post about 5 to 10 resumes a day, it seems like, he has an associates degree so I was hoping that would help on top of 20 years experience. Thanks for your patient if you read this and any help.
Sincerely ready to go to the ocean.
How about apartment maintenance? Supervisory? I am in that line of work, it pays decent, and some offer free housing.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
How about apartment maintenance? Supervisory? I am in that line of work, it pays decent, and some offer free housing.
I think we have tried every apartment, condo, duplex, hotels, resorts, several companies I know of, and just about every board their is out thier. He has a company that has him down as a concideration but no calls yet, Aimco? So we will see. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 PM

3,636 posts, read 8,881,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
I think we have tried every apartment, condo, duplex, hotels, resorts, several companies I know of, and just about every board their is out thier. He has a company that has him down as a concideration but no calls yet, Aimco? So we will see. Thanks for the info.
Worked for Aimco, GREAT company. Been on Craigslist? Careerbuilder. Where are you looking?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Worked for Aimco, GREAT company. Been on Craigslist? Careerbuilder. Where are you looking?
Oh my lets see I have been to craigslist, monster, careerbuilder, indeed, florida job sites, a couple of florida papers, juju just about any where I can think of. I know that he is extremly qualified for all of the jobs he has applied for, he worked as a project manager last job and hes a good hard worker, never misses work, people highly praise him, the elderly love him so I will just keep plugin away till we get our wish. Thanks soooooo much for all your help.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,125 times
Company's do not pay attention to out of State Resume's.
You need to be in Florida living to find a job.
If you notice on alot of job postings it says local only.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,444 times
If you decide to move to West Palm Beach, I can help you find an apartment. West Palm Beach, Florida Apartments For Rent (http://www.westpalmbeachfloridaapartments.com/ - broken link)

Old 05-09-2011, 03:37 PM

334 posts, read 1,032,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLovesTheBeach View Post
Company's do not pay attention to out of State Resume's.
You need to be in Florida living to find a job.
If you notice on alot of job postings it says local only.
That's not always true. Smaller companies aren't always willing to pay to relocate the way large companies are, but you can always state on your resume that you don't require relocation assistance.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 PM

14 posts, read 31,537 times
The employment industry is a little difficult here in Melbourne unless you're an engineer, military or health care. As for construction, things are beginning to pick up now, so his chances may be better than previously. I would say...keep trying. How about you, do you work and if so, what industry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County