Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 5,117 times

Advertisements

Beaches in front of Patrick Air Force base are a quick ride (20 mins) across Pineda Causeway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 AM

638 posts, read 992,870 times
wish you the best in Viera home builders left that area long time ago they can't even sell models and crime in shopping area is on the rise good luck .

Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodeeze View Post
I live in Viera. Best place in the entire county. Newly built outside shopping area (the Avenue Viera), great golf courses, regional park, wilderness area, Brevard zoo, easy access to beaches (15 minutes away). Very nice. Washington Nationals spring training and Brevard Manatees minor league baseball at Space Coast Stadium. 45 mins. to Orlando. Plenty of good fishing too.
I'd much prefer beachside, but if you want to live on mainland, you're correct. Indiatlantic, Cocoa Beach and Satellite still get my vote though. Why live in a cookie cutter village when you could live on the water instead?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I'd much prefer beachside, but if you want to live on mainland, you're correct. Indiatlantic, Cocoa Beach and Satellite still get my vote though. Why live in a cookie cutter village when you could live on the water instead?
I agree though unfortunately many find the newly built, treeless/cookie-cutter look attractive. It's the same in much of Florida sadly.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 PM

585 posts, read 1,087,110 times
Viera has most of the things I want (apart from Alps to hike in and Alpine roads to ride on) but it's near the sea, I can swim, sail and fish.

(I spend the summer in Oberbayern. - I've got mountains in my back yard and a bike in the garage. )

The crime rate is low, the standard of living is high and the people are friendly. I live in a 25yr old plus house in one of the earliest communities to be established here and it was a good choice.

'...newly built, treeless/cookie-cutter look...'? - Not where I live!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:23 PM

153 posts, read 357,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
What is the closest beach to Viera? Cocoa Beach at the end of 520? Jetty Park at Cape Canaveral using the Pineada Causeway? Canova Beach using the Eau Gallie Causeway?

Trying to figure out how you could get to any beach by using any of these causeways from Viera in 15 minutes. Am I just overlooking something?

I have never gone to the beach from Viera but was thinking it would take at least 30-40 minutes in traffic getting to a causway,cross it, and finding a beach.

Once someone lives in the area you will not even want to go to a beach that is at the end of where a causeway comes over the river. That is the tourist beaches and we tend to avoid them like the plague and head for the less crowded beaches .
It is almost exactly 15 minutes from the Viera hospital ---> I-95 (1 mile) ---> Pineda Causeway exit (1 mile from the Viera exit) ---> to the beach in Patricks / North Satellite Beach (@ 6 miles), so @ 8-9 miles from Viera to the beach - next time I'll measure it for you while driving. I know this because I live here in Viera and make the trip every week. No traffic once you hit I-95. Not sure what Rabflmom is referring to as all the beaches here are nice (except for areas in Cocoa Beach around Ron Jons and Coconuts - lots of tourists). Just watch out when running out in the water at Patricks as there are lots of rocks at some of the beaches. Also, if you're looking for your hometown up north here in Florida you will definitely be disappointed. Come here, enjoy the sunshine, humidity, bugs, wildlife, BEAUTIFUL weather 6 months of the year and proximity to the coast but leave the "Back where I come from they do this and that...." mentality at the state line as no one here cares. Basically don't be a complainypants as you will be like every other transplant here that sticks out like a sore thumb when they brag about where they came from. Viera is a great area and only getting better. Good luck!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, because 1960's beachside bare block homes with one car garages and 5K property insurances bills are just so appealing ....

Old 10-14-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
wish you the best in Viera home builders left that area long time ago they can't even sell models and crime in shopping area is on the rise good luck .
Models are selling out as fast as they put them up and what crime? Please elaborate.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:40 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Vince View Post
It is almost exactly 15 minutes from the Viera hospital ---> I-95 (1 mile) ---> Pineda Causeway exit (1 mile from the Viera exit) ---> to the beach in Patricks / North Satellite Beach (@ 6 miles), so @ 8-9 miles from Viera to the beach - next time I'll measure it for you while driving. I know this because I live here in Viera and make the trip every week. No traffic once you hit I-95. Not sure what Rabflmom is referring to as all the beaches here are nice (except for areas in Cocoa Beach around Ron Jons and Coconuts - lots of tourists). Just watch out when running out in the water at Patricks as there are lots of rocks at some of the beaches. Also, if you're looking for your hometown up north here in Florida you will definitely be disappointed. Come here, enjoy the sunshine, humidity, bugs, wildlife, BEAUTIFUL weather 6 months of the year and proximity to the coast but leave the "Back where I come from they do this and that...." mentality at the state line as no one here cares. Basically don't be a complainypants as you will be like every other transplant here that sticks out like a sore thumb when they brag about where they came from. Viera is a great area and only getting better. Good luck!
You sound like a cheerleader. No one lives at Viera hospital. From one of the nearby subdivisions to the beach, it's realistically a 20-25 minute drive. Sorry, but these forums require the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Vince View Post
Yeah, because 1960's beachside bare block homes with one car garages and 5K property insurances bills are just so appealing ....
There are plenty of newer developments in Indiatlantic. Not sure what you're talking about. The high-end stuff on the intercoastal is very nice.

Viera and the beachside areas are both good areas to live. Dont know why you feel the need to trash one over the other. Viera is nice in that it's a planned community with good interstate access, shopping and schools. Aesthetically though, nothing beats the view of waking up and looking at the intercoastal or beachside out your back window (if you can afford it)

Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You sound like a cheerleader. No one lives at Viera hospital. From one of the nearby subdivisions to the beach, it's realistically a 20-25 minute drive. Sorry, but these forums require the truth

There are plenty of newer developments in Indiatlantic. Not sure what you're talking about. The high-end stuff on the intercoastal is very nice.

Viera and the beachside areas are both good areas to live. Dont know why you feel the need to trash one over the other. Viera is nice in that it's a planned community with good interstate access, shopping and schools. Aesthetically though, nothing beats the view of waking up and looking at the intercoastal or beachside out your back window (if you can afford it)
Ok chopchop0, you wanted the TRUTH so here it is:

1) Viera IS 15 minutes from the beach (and the further reaches 20 minutes or so - so whats your point?)

2) There are plenty of homes around the Viera hospital (and 10,000 more starting by next year in the West and South expansions down to Pineda. Construction is starting by the Viera Hospital here shortly - imagine that!)

3) 95% of homes in Indialantic are neither intercoastal or waterfront at all - what aesthetics? The newer developments are all filled up with "cookie cutter" (as you call them) Mercedes homes that sell for $50K more than a similar home in a different part of the county and with insurance rates 2.5x of that same home. Why do they sell for so much more you may ask? Because they sit in the middle of the eye sore bare block homes that I mentioned before and can be sold to New Yorkers looking for a "beach home", LOL.

4) You mention some of the higher end stuff on the intercoastal as if you were the mayor of Indialantic .... or just its cheerleader (in your words again)

5) I buy, renovate and flip homes (in my part time) as often as you put bad information on this forum. My portfolios are diverse, mortgages paid and retirement coming in my early 40's (3 years) with a successful family of five - so yes, I can afford it ......

Sincerely,

The Facts and Nothing But the Facts

Last edited by Florida Vince; 10-16-2012 at 07:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County