Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 AM

7 posts, read 20,364 times

Advertisements

GOOD AFTERNOON,

I am looking to move to the Merritt Island or Cocoa Beach area. I would like to meet someone from that area to give more information about the area. The internet can only give you so much, I need a local resident to give me the 411 on the area such as apartments/housing, senior communities and employment in the area. What is the economy like, does this area have public transportation?

Anything you can assist me with would be great! Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 09:17 AM

41 posts, read 126,773 times
Both areas have public transportation. I prefer Merritt Island to Cocoa Beach. Cocoa Beach traffic SUCKS and there is not much there. Merritt Island is real close to CB but with the small town feel. Don't let our population fool you everybody knows everybody's business. There are apartments/townhomes, homes or rent, as well as some reasonably marked houses for sale. Employment depending on what you do could be lacking. Anything just ask, I grew up in that area (we all consider it one place)

Old 08-17-2011, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,739 times
I moved to Cocoa Beach from Colorado about 5 years ago for a job near Cape Canaveral. I would say the best answer on where to live is dependent on the amount of time you want to spend in one place as well as your age. Cocoa Beach is exciting (at first) and it's great living so close to the beach! I'd have to agree with the previous post about traffic, though. The main road (A1A) is FULL of tourists year round, and college students in the summer who come from Orlando on the weekend. Eventually the excitement of living near the beach will wear off unless you're really, really into it. After a year I found myself driving to Melbourne most weekends to see new things.

Merritt Island is much more residential, but can be a little boring at times as well. Over 5 years I progressively moved south down the Space Coast and now reside in Melbourne because it's a nice blend of non-tourist beach town and has a kind of decent night life and social scene.

I would say my favorite place to live was Indialantic. It's neighborly and upscale, but very friendly and centered around tropical-style living. It also has few tourists and a great mini-downtown.

You'll find the best employment opportunities in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area. Almost every city in the Space Coast has lively senior centers and public transportation via bus exists everywhere as well.

I dabble in real estate investments and hold a real estate license to save on commissions. I could show you some of the area and get you into houses for sale if you plan on visiting soon!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM

19 posts, read 51,547 times
I wouldn't count on public transportation anywhere in Brevard County. Although we do have the "SCAT Bus", you will be surrounded by pretty nasty people. The stops are not very conveniently placed, and the schedule is infrequent such that it is very difficult to actually use the system and be efficient with your time. It is not at all like a big city downtown bus system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County