Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 PM

16 posts, read 133,360 times

Advertisements

Yes, my house in Satellite Beach is old, built in 1964. I am re-doing the whole house it will be brand new when I'm finished. Location, location, location! And I figure since this house has been here since 1964 and made it through a bunch of hurricanes its pretty sturdy. Ok, truthfully I might have bought a house in Viera if I knew how much trouble remodeling an older home is. Just got a new french door put in where a slider was. The guy said "It will take about an hour and a half." Six hours later he was still here. Nothing we have had done has gone smoothly but it does look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 05:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,500 times
my daughter went to satellite beach high, she met a lot of nice ppl there but as far as living beachside, i dont recommend it. it is expensive, sand gets in your house, car everything! my engine in the car showed signs of damage from sand in just one yr. i moved into melbourne and i like it better. closer to everything we need. but it is getting crowded now. the schools are pretty good for florida schools i believe, you cant go too wrong.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,061,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juni View Post
my daughter went to satellite beach high, she met a lot of nice ppl there but as far as living beachside, i dont recommend it. it is expensive, sand gets in your house, car everything! my engine in the car showed signs of damage from sand in just one yr. i moved into melbourne and i like it better. closer to everything we need. but it is getting crowded now. the schools are pretty good for florida schools i believe, you cant go too wrong.
I agree. Please don't live beachside unless you are a surfer or otherwise regularily use the ocean (at least several times a week).

The sand gets in everything. The salty air corrodes all metals and cruds up windows. Hurricane danger is critical due to the low altitude and nearness of the ocean.

Overcrowding of "desirable" near-ocean areas makes it harder for surfers, fishermen, and other serious beach-goers to use this natural resource. They are often forced to live farther from the water, and thus damage the environment by burning more gas to get to the beach. I surf almost every day before work, and I've made sacrifices to be within biking or walking distance of the ocean, but many other regular surfers, swimmers, and fishermen do not have the money to live so close to the ocean due to inflated housing prices.

If you tend to stay indoors or pursue inland/river activities for recreation, perhaps going to the beach once a week or less, please consider living further inland. You will be safer from hurricanes and corrosion while beachside living can be preserved for ocean enthusiasts.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County