Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak624 View Post
We've been in PB since 2008, unfortunately we have to move out of state. We live in a gated Community with only 90+ homes, The Lakes at Waterstone. The model we have is 2000 sq. ft under air, tile roof, stucco
exterior you name it, it has it. If you think you'd like to view the home online go to Brevardmls.com. The mls#596326
This part of PB is a little country but only 10 mins. from stores.
It's a great area. If you need an questions answered my e-mail is mak624@gmail.com
Nice, real nice. I'd snap that up if I didn't have another year to go before retirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 02:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeacon View Post
Any given night, if you watch the news, Palm Bay, as small as it is, will be mentioned.
I know this old...but I have to laugh at this one.

Palm Bay has over 100,000 residents...hardly a little place. Not to mention it runs contiguous with Melbourne which is another 78,000 people, as does the rest of Brevard County, which has over 500,000 people. It does have a smaller town vibe & slower pace to it, which does make it feel like a small place, but it is actually in the top 10 in the state in terms of population and IIRC, was always top 5 in land area.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggums View Post
We have a toddler (20 mos), but if we really like the area we may buy a house after we get jobs, so good schools are a concern. Are there any charter schools in Palm Bay?

We both have backgrounds in Criminology, specifically corrections, case management, security and Probation. Hubby is also a bartender currently, and would take another bartending job temporarily if necessary. Ultimately he wants to return to corrections / law enforcement. I'm hoping to switch gears and open a licensed day care. I'm hoping to be able to spend more time with our child than I can currently working as a Probation Officer.

Thanks for the offer to drive by houses, I may PM you when we get closer to our closing date
Also use Google street view or the property search on the county property appraiser site to see what neighborhood looks like....may be old view though so be aware. We found outside of house and neighborhood was deceptive sometimes when we were looking--especially if a foreclosure. We found lots of destruction inside some homes that the banks and listing realtors were unaware of till we went to see it.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 942 times
Default a little help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Tell us more: What school age children do you have? What field of employment?

I moved to Palm Bay in Jan 2009. If you need to me check out housing or an area, let me know, I will drive by for you.

A few things to be said is the driving here in Melbourne/Palm Bay - brake happy people! The speed limit is 40-45 mph on most roads yet the traffic moves 20-30 with blocking lanes and timing red lights. I almost crashed today because one SUV driver ahead of me (right lane) couldn't make up mind about where to turn right - a store or corner - no signals. You really have to keep your eyes on the roads here - really stupidly dangerous. Lots of crosses with flowers along the roadsides.
hi, I have been trying to relocate to florida to retire. maybe a snowbird maybe not. I looked in titusville and orlando in january. Not to impressed.
looked in vero beach and sabastian in june. Had a pretty nice house set up in sabatian, short sale and it actually went through up to the point of flood insurance it was designated an A. anyhow 4000 a year in insurance was't going to work and what good does that do when you are standing in 2' of water.
I like the area, when I look at the prices in palm bay, they seen extremely good.
I have never been in the palm bay area, I have found three houses that I like in se and sw palm bay. hopefully they are far enough away from the interstate That noise shouldn't be a problem.
these houses range from 2002-2007 and the
Thank you Rick Felver [EMAIL="rfelver@woh.rr.com"]rfelver@woh.rr.com[/EMAIL]

Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 AM

55 posts, read 227,190 times
I am a Brevard Fla native (ret early-military, OIF 100% service connected disabled Veteran).
As for the Brevard area, the best now is in Viera for families and still is Palm Bay. I used to ride horses in west Melbourne, Palm Bay, Melbourne, etc only about 20-25 years ago down the roads (even where the Melbourne mall sits now) so that tells you how much it has actually grown. It is one if not the fastest growing areas in the U.S. in brevard county and surrounding areas. There is much much more to do for families than people realize for all ages,too. It is best to get a Florida Today paper(can also read it online) and see all the "happenings" ea day in that area. The Port Malabar Elementary school is one of the best. Brevard Christian school is where my 2 children graduated. They are awesome there.Depends on what you like and what you want to do ea day with your family. My son was a police officer almost 8 years in the area and he now drives over an hr to make over dbl what he made as a Sgt on the force. It is also best to get with the local Veteran places to find family things scheduled,too if you like to travel on weekends or some times for something different at lower costs. The Brevard county area will offer all you can find to do and then some, just by looking at what there really is. Not just boating, fishing, beaches, the zoo, dining, movies, ball games, but, festivals, the Melbourne King Center for many big concerts and shows ea week all year. The henegar center, etc and so much more than some realize that have been living in the area for 10+ yrs because they just do not get out and explore the areas. Best of luck and if any of you are a Veteran or military please hook up with AVET PROJECT and they will help you out-they are out of PAFB.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:53 AM

55 posts, read 227,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
I know this old...but I have to laugh at this one.

Palm Bay has over 100,000 residents...hardly a little place. Not to mention it runs contiguous with Melbourne which is another 78,000 people, as does the rest of Brevard County, which has over 500,000 people. It does have a smaller town vibe & slower pace to it, which does make it feel like a small place, but it is actually in the top 10 in the state in terms of population and IIRC, was always top 5 in land area.
I agree! That is like saying that if you put 25k folks in one town or 25k troops in one area that nothing will happen. It reminds me of the old saying "there is always an A$$ in the crowd" so enjoy and yes, it is laid back for the most part compared to most metro however, it is a rapidly growing area and has a lot to offer and at cheap prices if you '"don't ask" but "look" then offer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County