Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 PM

83 posts, read 175,982 times

Advertisements

Only in Brevard co., where do you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 04:40 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Seafood: for consistency and price, Grill's at the Port. For variety of seafood, Seafood Atlantic right next door. Neither one serves any fried seafood so if that's your thing, as the menu at Grill's says, "Try Long John Silvers"

Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Seafood: for consistency and price, Grill's at the Port. For variety of seafood, Seafood Atlantic right next door. Neither one serves any fried seafood so if that's your thing, as the menu at Grill's says, "Try Long John Silvers"
Grills is really good. They have a second location on US1 north of Melbourne/Pineda Causeway.

I also like Shells in Melbourne and Dixie Crossroads in Titusville

Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
The Grills on US1 is like a perfect Disney knock-off of Grills with something missing. Food is still better than most other waterfront seafood places but it just doesn't capture that funky ambiance of the original one at the Port with the sagging decks, fishing boats and fishermen. Maybe it's the abundance of tucked-in shirttails, dental veneers and penny loafers as opposed to old T-shirts, the occasional chipped tooth and flip flops. Good food at either.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:08 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Pizza?

All the typical chain places mostly.

If you like thin greasy NY pizza---Bizzaros at the beach in Indialantic.
Part of the" like" for the pizza is the rude NY atmosphere the people who own and work there. LOL You might even get yelled at if you don't order quickly enough and a line forms. There are just a few tables indoors and some picnic tables on the patio. Cash only- no plastic or checks.

Valentinos in Palm Bay is pretty good.

Hungry Howies on Jupiter in Palm Bay was a pleasant surprise last week. Sign holder caught my son's eye.... he remembered their pizza from when the football team ordered it after school on football game nights. He got the pizza, garlic brea and a 2 liter of soda for $11. It was good pizza. Definitely pick it up more often. I think their garlic bread is better then any of the other chains.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:53 PM

83 posts, read 175,982 times
Valentino's I've tried, I like their calzone, Reviews of Grill's are excellent, drove by the place just last week, should've stopped! Now come on, I know more people here eat pizza, lets hear the reviews.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:41 PM

18 posts, read 43,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Grills is really good. They have a second location on US1 north of Melbourne/Pineda Causeway.

I also like Shells in Melbourne and Dixie Crossroads in Titusville

to note: Dixie Crossroads has about priced themselves out of business: last week- four dozen fried rockshrimp (really small, about a cereal-bowl full) 35 bucks. And, as the pricing has gone skyhigh they take more items from that price- soup is an extra charge- (used not to be but, that changed a while ago; e've eaten there since the early eighties). Servers are not meant to be attentive; they drop and go. If you need butter or tea you will most likely be through and ready to go before you get either. There are other negatives that are relevent but....

Old 06-02-2013, 07:11 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,384,295 times
For the full NY pizza experience (pizza + attitude), Bizzaros in Indialantic is my go to place. There are other Bizzaros locations around, but they are independently owned and just not quite the same.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
Interesting ... of all the places in Melbourne and the Beach area, several have already mentioned Bizzaro's in Satellite Beach and Grills on U.S. 1, north of the Pineda. Those are also my recommendations.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 AM

24 posts, read 44,723 times
I'm a fan of Puzzino's pizza. (I'm originally from the NE, so that should give you an idea on my pizza preferences.) And for seafood, I don't think you can beat Seafood Atlantic's fresh fish sandwiches. They're up by the Port.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County