Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 10:41 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aganus View Post
You and I are both forgiven. It becomes obvious when you accept the sense of grace.
----Who give you that authority to judge and forgive anybody?

The child merely gives his crumbs to the dog, because the child is selfish.
----Sometimes child does not do that. Selfish is depend on many situations.

The First Hatched and his various scribes and students had a lot of misunderstanding, but the story in the O.P. didn't portray one.
----If this simple math can't portray one. I don't know how to teach you.
authority is an imagined quality (you decide who you think has authority)... you either accept my respectful extension or you swipe at it like a mad dog (it seems you have decided).

And sometimes the child might torture and kill the dog once it eats food offered, so your comparative extension is meaningless (it is better to not torture and kill the dog, so the child is "in that situation" being better by not feeding the dog at all).

I did the math for you, and you were wrong. Is your imagined heaven really in slow-motion? I feel sorry for that supposed den of slow and ignorant bliss, we hope in good faith that its evil procrastination and apparent incapability might soon be overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 06:54 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,635 times
Quote:
Buddha had talked about what he had seen in Heaven many times. To get such an information his mind must be in divine matrix for minutes.
If time in Heaven is 100,000 times faster than Earth, then 1 minute in Heaven is 100000 / (60x24) = 6.94 Earth days .
If time in Heaven is 1,000,000 times faster than Earth, then 1 minute in Heaven is 1000000 / (60x24) = 69.4 Earth days .
It is recorded in Tripidok that time in Heaven is about 100,000-1,000,000 times faster than Earth. So is there any record in Tripidok that Buddha used to close his eyes and did the meditation for month and even year?
In some languages (Chinese being one of them), 100k is just another way of saying "a really big number." Much like Jesus's 70 x 7 forgiveness numbers. You're not supposed to take it literally.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:01 AM

62 posts, read 65,832 times
[quote=Continuum;40838276]I posted this somewhere, //www.city-data.com/forum/40376488-post7.html

Hi Contunuum

I do not agree there was an actual historical Buddha as a real person. The Buddha Story is appropriately a myth to convey the essence of Buddhism and one need to understand the Substance and not be attached to the Form of it. Whether there is a real Buddha or not, it is not the most critical*. What is most critical is the core principles and substance that are conveyed within the Buddha Story, the philosophy and the practices that inspire every individual to progress spiritually.
----If Buddha does not exist. Who created that core principles and substance in Buddism?
Many years ago some Norwegian soldier had discovered the oldest scripture in one of Afghanistan cave. That's a good evidence of Buddha's existence.

* For some Buddhists, the Buddha per se is not critical, that is to the extent of;
‘If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha…in this way, you attain liberation.’
-Lin Chi
----It makes me feel like some game of words, puzzle which can not create any harmony or peace on earth.

Just like many human values are conveyed to young children through fairy tales, myths, fiction, supernatural, cartoons and other "childish" materials, Buddhism does the same for those Buddhists with lower spiritual and rational competency [SQ].
----There are two kinds of error in any scripture, by the prophet or someone after the prophet. The latter is mostly found in Islam. The first Quran was destroyed by someone who want to add the evil idea to the scripture.
For fairy tales, myths, fiction, supernatural, cartoons, you have to distinguish them. I will not go into detail for this by now.
I can prove that dragon does exist.

Thus for materials and teachings that cater for say SQ up to 1 to 50-60, one will note the Buddhist Sutras contain a whole load of supernatural, mystical, fables, etc. elements which some are irrational, stupid, absurd, etc, when compared to those with a higher sense of rationality and SQ. Nonetheless within these super-irrational elements and forms there are the hidden core principles of Buddhism.
----I don't know what is that SQ. I read text book only when neccessary. Those topics you mentioned can be 10-70% true in my opinion. And this should be related to

At the higher levels of SQ, say, 75-95 the Buddhist sutras deal with the higher level philosophies, e.g. with Koans like the above. ‘If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha' and very sophisticated philosophies, teachings and practices.
----I have no interest in any philosophies but only pay attention to what one has done to others.

The fact that you jumped in to critique in a way of a 'put-down' indicate your ignorance of the full fledge teachings of Buddhism and also spirituality & human nature in general.
---- Do you know that about 5% of Thai monk are in the abbot level. But about 80% of monk immoral and illegal cases were conducted by those monks of abbot level or above. Do one need to know the full fledge teachings of Buddhism to judge Buddism? I don't have to pass Harvard, Oxford, Stamford, MIT etc. to know the quality of teaching in those university. But I can judge those university by the achievement among the majority of their students.
I want to indicate Buddha's error, and his idea to fool people about ascension. Buddha got ascension doesn't mean that his teaching will make others to get ascension too. But his teaching indeed turned monk into beggar behaviour, because Buddha doesn't tell them to sacrifiy for other after they have reduced their passion and karma.

Btw, I am not a Buddhist per se, but I have quite an extensive knowledge of the religion, I have great respect for its teachings and has adopted some of it personally. I don't agree with the religiosity of Buddhism [as with others] which manifest all sort of scandals, abuses, etc. but fortunately Buddhism do not condone violent and evils like [we know which religion].
----If you feed the super beggar very well, there will be no complaint from them. There are at least 3 religions which ofter cause violent to other in a different way, Jew, Christian and Islam, in my opinion.

Last edited by Lord Aganus; 03-06-2016 at 04:13 AM..

Old 03-06-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
authority is an imagined quality (you decide who you think has authority)... you either accept my respectful extension or you swipe at it like a mad dog (it seems you have decided).

And sometimes the child might torture and kill the dog once it eats food offered, so your comparative extension is meaningless (it is better to not torture and kill the dog, so the child is "in that situation" being better by not feeding the dog at all).
---Only you think my idea is meaningless. Why do you pay so much attention to this meaningless or you have nothing better in your life to do?

I did the math for you, and you were wrong. Is your imagined heaven really in slow-motion? I feel sorry for that supposed den of slow and ignorant bliss, we hope in good faith that its evil procrastination and apparent incapability might soon be overcome.[/quote]

---Only you in this webboard can not understand my simple math which every one can understand. You have to go back to primary school again to understand this simple math, I suggest.
You really don't have a better thing to do in your life than showing your poor understanding of simple math.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:27 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
---Only you think my idea is meaningless. Why do you pay so much attention to this meaningless or you have nothing better in your life to do?

I did the math for you, and you were wrong. Is your imagined heaven really in slow-motion? I feel sorry for that supposed den of slow and ignorant bliss, we hope in good faith that its evil procrastination and apparent incapability might soon be overcome.
---Only you in this webboard can not understand my simple math which every one can understand. You have to go back to primary school again to understand this simple math, I suggest.
You really don't have a better thing to do in your life than showing your poor understanding of simple math. [/quote]

1. Liar, more than just I have agreed with me that your idea is meaningless. A firefighter always pays attention to the meaningless and destructive fire.

2. Liar, everyone except you understands my simple math which proves your deluded ignorance wrong. I suggest you try to understand real math and get past graduating at least the university level of calculus as I have. You simpleton "math" is ignorant and destructive and disgraces and insults any hints of real intelligence.

Good luck becoming better, I wish you the best.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
You really don't have a better thing to do in your life than showing your poor understanding of simple math.
1. Liar, more than just I have agreed with me that your idea is meaningless. A firefighter always pays attention to the meaningless and destructive fire.

2. Liar, everyone except you understands my simple math which proves your deluded ignorance wrong. I suggest you try to understand real math and get past graduating at least the university level of calculus as I have. You simpleton "math" is ignorant and destructive and disgraces and insults any hints of real intelligence.

Good luck becoming better, I wish you the best.[/quote]

My math is correct only will be misunderstood by someone, because some idiot won't understand of matrix.
If you have made a wrong comment to any post, should you made any apologize or the OP should (for causing you innocently showed your studpidity)?

Old 08-23-2016, 11:47 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:

Do you know, I have a real problem with people who apparently have nothing better to than to go onto forums about Other religions they don't agree and raise objections about them, and when they are politely refuted, ask whether the other person refuting them has nothing better to do.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 27,585,087 times
This is utterly pointless thread.
There is no time in the Realm of Permanence, what you referring to as "heaven". Permanence IS. Everything is in Permanence. Everything physical is in it too. All physical future and past is in it. Counting time flow in Permanence is drawing beautiful pictures with ones finger on perfectly cloudless blue sky - result is same. Nothing.
There is only one measure that can be approximated to physical time and applicable to Permanence. That measure is Accomplishment.

Namaste.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Btw, there were multiple buddhas in history of humanity, known and unknown. Gautama. Jesus. Muhammad. Krishna.
Also, if you pay attention to Hindu history, all great teachers and buddhas came from royal families. Two examples here: Gautama buddha. Mahavira.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Do you know, I have a real problem with people who apparently have nothing better to than to go onto forums about Other religions they don't agree and raise objections about them, and when they are politely refuted, ask whether the other person refuting them has nothing better to do.
Apparentl you don't check all of my posts in this website, some doesn't relate to any religion.
If you don't follow that person why you will not have any real problem.
Is going to any religious forum that one disagreed and raised objections is prohibited in this website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism