Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 01:51 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,558 times

Advertisements

"All People and things are interdependent. The world has become so small that no nation can solve its problems alone, in isolation from others. That is why I believe we must all cultivate a sense of responsibility based on love and compassion for each other." - His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,639 times
The Dalai Lama claims to be the hereditary god king. I do not wish to take moral guidance from someone who wishes to rule over other people.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:09 AM

123 posts, read 131,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
The Dalai Lama claims to be the hereditary god king. I do not wish to take moral guidance from someone who wishes to rule over other people.
That's silly Gplex. He is said to be the Bodhisattva of compassion. I don't see where you got "god king" from, lol.

Plus I don't know where you got the idea he wishes to rule over anyone.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:04 AM

"If there is love, there is hope that one may have real families, real brotherhood, real equanimity, real peace. If the love within your mind is lost and you see other beings as enemies, then no matter how much knowledge or education or material comfort you have, only suffering and confusion will ensue"

--H.H. The Dalai Lama, The Little Book of Buddhism

Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourself View Post
That's silly Gplex. He is said to be the Bodhisattva of compassion. I don't see where you got "god king" from, lol.

Plus I don't know where you got the idea he wishes to rule over anyone.
You should read about the history of the dalai lama.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
You should read about the history of the dalai lama.
I have. Read many of his books too.

Where did you get your misinformation from? Second hand or have you read any of his works?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I have. Read many of his books too.

Where did you get your misinformation from? Second hand or have you read any of his works?
So you know he would want to impose a monarchy where he is the king? Try googleing it.

dalai lama god king - Google Search

Old 06-27-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
So you know he would want to impose a monarchy where he is the king? Try googleing it.

dalai lama god king - Google Search
First, it is a western misconception that he would be called a god-king and second, Bodhisattvas are not gods. You obviously don't know much about it so why bother to comment negatively?

Why criticize what you don't understand?

He was called to rule. It would have been quite impolite to refuse as it is a part of his responsibility.

Wants to impose a monarchy where he is king?

More silliness.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 PM

"All living things are connected and ultimately inseparable and we should learn to listen and communicate with each other.
It is only by so doing that we may be able to seek out the way to peace together. Whoever it is or whichever country it may be must not adopt extremist or violent approaches: helping others is helping oneself. I am not what the Chinese call the "living Buddha"; I am just a guru, but I am most willing to influence more people favorably in my remaining years and contribute to religion."

H.H. The Dalai Lama

When judging others, it's best to go by the persons words and actions instead of just what others say about them.

Just sayin'

There are things I disagree with him about. His disregard for the Wisdom Buddha Dorje Shugden lineage or deciding what practices are ok and which aren't are on the top of the list.

That kind of dogma is why I am non-sectarian.

Last edited by Ourself; 06-27-2010 at 09:33 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
First, it is a western misconception that he would be called a god-king and second, Bodhisattvas are not gods. You obviously don't know much about it so why bother to comment negatively?

Why criticize what you don't understand?

He was called to rule. It would have been quite impolite to refuse as it is a part of his responsibility.

Wants to impose a monarchy where he is king?

More silliness.
Buddhist are another way of saying god. So to call him a god king is technically correct.

I know you want to give a man absolute power over other people. Are you blind to history? Are you unable to learn from our pass.

If he becomes king that EXACTLY what will happen. You can't be king without a monarchy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism