Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 05:05 PM

737 posts, read 1,911,731 times

Advertisements

I was in Buffalo last August and TO Fever was hitting the City. I asked my uncle what was that all about. He said TO was suposed to rejuvinate the team and take the Bills to the superbowl.

A year later I am watching TV 1500 miles away and caught the TO Show scenes of him running around Buffalo,NY acting like a big shot only could.

MY question to you Buffalo Bill Fans...........How was your season last year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 06:19 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,713,128 times
Same as every year... I gave up on the Bills, switched to college football, haven't watched an NFL game in several years.

I'm also a Canadiens fan, so Buffalo losing season after season doesn't sting at all

Old 07-10-2010, 06:34 PM

119 posts, read 353,986 times
They sucked last year as usual. TO was definitely not the fix. But this year we have Chan Gailey at the helm, a truly great running back in Fred Jackson, and an excellent draft pick in C.J. Spiller. If the quarterback controversy irons itself out, we may have a decent team this year, despite the fact that the AFC East is a tough division.

I don't have a lot of false hope, I know the Bills are still a long, long way off. I imagine though, that there will be some improvement this year over last.

In any case, we have what I think is the best fanbase in the NFL, and the fans do have something to get excited about this year.

Last edited by sabredrew; 07-10-2010 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: Poor grammar

Old 07-10-2010, 10:01 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,534,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredrew View Post
They sucked last year as usual. TO was definitely not the fix. But this year we have Chan Gailey at the helm, a truly great running back in Fred Jackson, and an excellent draft pick in C.J. Spiller. If the quarterback controversy irons itself out, we may have a decent team this year, despite the fact that the AFC East is a tough division.

I don't have a lot of false hope, I know the Bills are still a long, long way off. I imagine though, that there will be some improvement this year over last.

In any case, we have what I think is the best fanbase in the NFL, and the fans do have something to get excited about this year.
Im not a Bills fan but Im very excited to see how they will use Spiller & what he does. The kid was fun to watch at Clemson.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 AM

969 posts, read 2,064,797 times
I saw TO give up on many plays last year and he's no spring chicken. He's just a big name. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's not a football player, he's a media star. I thought at the very least, Lee Evans would have had a big year with TO drawing attention. Fred Jackson was the only offensive success last year. I gave my Buffalo MVP to Fred, the first time it wasn't Brian Moorman in years. Fred is one of the best players I've seen in a long time in Buf... he excels in everything he does and does it quietly without complaints or fanfare.

If Buffalo becomes real disciplined, their offensive line plays well and they become a run oriented team, maybe they could strive for 9-7.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:20 AM

I still don't know why we didn't pick up a top notch QB in the second round...

Old 07-11-2010, 10:40 AM

737 posts, read 1,911,731 times
Being from Nebraska, I see Turner Gil has really brought good things to UB. Maybe the Bills should hire him as head coach and replace him with another coach from UNL.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:44 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,534,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
Being from Nebraska, I see Turner Gil has really brought good things to UB. Maybe the Bills should hire him as head coach and replace him with another coach from UNL.
Turner Gill took the HC job at Kansas a few months ago.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
Turner Gill took the HC job at Kansas a few months ago.
Do the Bulls have a new coach yet?

EDIT: yes, and nice.

http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/f...es/quinn.shtml
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area