Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which National Chain Burrito place do you prefer?
Salsarita's 5 35.71%
Moe's 1 7.14%
Chipotle 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:35 PM

77 posts, read 294,010 times

Advertisements

As a lover of burritos and wanting to know what my fellow Buffalonians like I am starting this convo. Let me preface by saying, I know there are independent places and local chains- Mighty Taco, I want to focus on the national chains that are known more or less for burritos.

So my opinion-
Salsaritas- Worst customer service I have ever received- anywhere! Food was mediocre at best! I especially thought their chicken tasted bland, overcooked, and seemed a little old. Expensive

Moe's- Lots of options, better than average quality of ingredients. Meat texture was finer than desired (I like chunks of meat, not shreds). A little pricier than competition. I know you get chips and salsa for free, but their chips are bland and not always fresh. Charging extra for guac is understandable, but sour cream is ridiculous!

Chiptle- By far the best of these three. The new comer to the area has definitely brought the heat! I love everything about this place, except their restaurants are not big enough! ingredients are fresh, especially lettuce/ tomatoes. They offer sour cream for free. I thought their guac was bland, but I am partial to my homemade. Their chips are awesome! Salty with a hint of lime, they're worth the extra $.

Let me know what you all think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 9,553 times
Chipotle-"If you like McDonalds, you'll love Chipotle" that should be their slogan. And if you like mediocrity, this is the place for you..
Moe's- Just bland, bad sauces and sub-standard meats..
Salsarita's- The only one of the three with true freshness and great flavors. Nothing personal yankees, but what do "yall" know about anything Mexican?! You can have your cheese steak, and "buffalo wings", but please don't mistake yourselves for the experts on Southern cuisine.. And no, the burrito
wasn't invented in New York, Sorry : (

Old 12-22-2010, 12:21 PM

744 posts, read 1,767,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilmeth View Post
Chipotle-"If you like McDonalds, you'll love Chipotle" that should be their slogan. (
Well said, truly McDonald's without the pizzazz

Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,543,598 times
I personally don't think any of the national chains are worth a damn (and not just in the north, I lived in Texas & Colorado & they sucked their as well).

Mighty Taco is no more Mexican than Taco Bell ........... fake Mexican fast food.

Coyote Cafe in Hamburg & 5 De Mayo in OP are the best I've been to in the area. There is another place over by the McKinley Mall that's not too bad either (but the name escapes me right now).

Old 12-22-2010, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 9,531 times
I work downtown just a block away from Salsarita's and it is by far the best place for lunch when you are in the city. For a single guy it is a fun place for lunch...lots of ladies!! I get the steak or pork burrito combo every time I go their and it is by far the best burrito in town. Chipotle? It was okay but they charged me $1.89 for guac on my burrito and $3.69 for chips, salsa, and a drink. My total bill was 12 bucks. I will never go back at those prices. Salsaritas for the same thing is $9.60 something. No place to sit at Chipoltle either and no bar!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM

205 posts, read 479,206 times
Theres a pretty good place on the corner of Hudson St and West Ave. But to be honest I am not sure if they have burritos as every time I go there I get the chicken or pulled pork.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM

4 posts, read 22,076 times
Salsarita's is pretty good. If you REALLY want some great Mexican food, try Arriba Tortilla in East Aurora. To die for!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 02:06 PM

4 posts, read 22,076 times
And stay out of Mighty Taco. Their meat tastes like Alpo (at least what I would imagine Alpo to taste like). *hurls*

Old 12-31-2010, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 9,400 times
All things considered equal I would have to go with Salsaritas. Price, quality and atmosphere are the best of the 3. Chipotle is cold and expensive for what you get, and Moes seems to lack freshness and that welcome to Moes thing is annoying.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:12 AM

559 posts, read 1,394,400 times
^^^I agree on "Welcome to Moe's Welcome to Moe's Welcome to Moe's Welcome to Moe's", LOL. I thought it was nice when they all said it as soon as I walked in, but as I sat there eating I realized that they were all saying it every time someone opened the door.

My favorite of the three is Chipotle. I was excited when they opened here.

Moe's is okay. I would go back to Moe's if I were really hungry and nowhere near Chipotle. They have good customer service but I think the food tastes better at Chipotle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonJeep View Post
Salsaritas- Worst customer service I have ever received- anywhere! Food was mediocre at best! I especially thought their chicken tasted bland, overcooked, and seemed a little old. Expensive
This was my experience at Salsaritas. I was in line behind 2 other people. We waited and waited for someone behind the counter to take our orders. My burrito was bland. Almost no flavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area