Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 AM

22 posts, read 54,084 times

Advertisements

I am originally from Buffalo but have been gone with only 2 yearly visits for over 30 yrs ... So can someone help me with an authentic family run Polish or German restaurant ??? back in the 60's i went to a few really wonderful family Polish restaurants .. are there any left ?? I am going to Buff in a week or two and would love "the real thing " !!!n
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 08:15 PM

280 posts, read 675,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgwlker View Post
I am originally from Buffalo but have been gone with only 2 yearly visits for over 30 yrs ... So can someone help me with an authentic family run Polish or German restaurant ??? back in the 60's i went to a few really wonderful family Polish restaurants .. are there any left ?? I am going to Buff in a week or two and would love "the real thing " !!!n

I don't go to many so maybe there are other recommendations, but I think Polish Villa could be your place -

Polish Villa
1085 Harlem Rd.
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
Phone: (716) 822-4908

Old 02-07-2011, 11:51 AM

439 posts, read 954,406 times
Scharf's Schiller Park Restaurant On-Line!

I think this is the only German restaurant left in Buffalo.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgwlker View Post
The old Buffalo you remember is mostly long gone sad to say...I went to my old neighborhood and it's basically a slum today with drug dealers -very sad Not only that, as I stopped in front of the house I grew up in, two guys pulled up next to me an started screaming obscenities at me!

I got out of that area as fast as I could...I was never so scared and I was living in NYC at the time and never felt that threatened..

Hey Chefs is still open -why not eat Italian?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:53 PM

49 posts, read 153,817 times
The Polish Nook in Niagara Falls on Cudaback Aveune is good, but since its reopening in 2009 it is more of a low cost steakhouse then a Polish restarurant. It does though offer a Polish platter for about $8.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:50 PM

350 posts, read 1,090,798 times
I grew up in Buffalo, but no longer live there. Some of the best Polish food is found a neighborhood taverns ... although these are slowly disappearing. One that is still there is Wiechec's on Clinton St in between Bailey and South Ogden. It's a family run neighborhood bar that's been there for at least 40 years. I know someone that just ate there last week and they said it was still very good!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:13 PM

196 posts, read 443,117 times
Wieczeks is good. I have had a lot of pierogies in this town, and I gotta go with them. Didnt care for the fish fry. Garlic Parm wings were excellent. Villa 1 and 2 should give you that fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area