Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:20 PM

207 posts, read 501,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
Its good for fast food type taco's (definitely better than Taco Bell) but you are right there are many more authentic (and much better tasting) choices throughout the west & southwest.
That's what I miss, authentic Mexican food. I lived in Arizona, got El Salvadorian, Mexican, pretty much anything... The downside for me was living in Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 07:25 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,367,969 times
I want to thank everyone for their responses. Apparently they only ship 1 version... and yes, they are better than Taco Bell... there are a million of them around here and its an ok place to junk it out once in awhile.

A Luna's just opened right around the corner. Will be checking that out within the week.

Still, the ONE that they ship is pretty awesome

Old 03-23-2011, 06:15 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,544,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Someday View Post
That's what I miss, authentic Mexican food. I lived in Arizona, got El Salvadorian, Mexican, pretty much anything... The downside for me was living in Arizona
I can certainly relate. Living in Texas I was around some of the best Mexican & BBQ I've ever tasted ..... the downside was living in Texas (particularly for the 8-9 months/year they call summer).

Old 03-23-2011, 04:57 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Your cousin lives in LA of all places and has you send him Mighty taco....LA has some of the best tacos on the planet, and definately the best in the U.S. This I find strange and hard to believe. I lived in Buffalo for years,--Mighty taco is not that good.

You have to acquire the taste!!

Yes, only one type-the beef and cheese burrito but hey it's great when you compare it to Taco Smell!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:54 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
You have to acquire the taste!!

Yes, only one type-the beef and cheese burrito but hey it's great when you compare it to Taco Smell!

Don't get me wrong, I do like them. I am just saying though with all of the great tacos in LA, I can't imagine anyone needing a mighty taco. I do think their better than Taco bell too. Taco bell doesn't give any meat. Mighty taco packs it in. I like how they give the slice of cheese over grated cheese too. That I think is a strictly Buffalo thing. But no, I never said I didn't like them. I do. For fast food their definately not bad. I don't even really see any Taco bells around the Buffalo area unless your in a mall. But again, Mighty taco > Taco bell, however; Mighty taco< LA taco's. I know from experience I have lived in both cities. Well Glendale and it's pretty much LA. I also lived in Buff for many years. Your right about the acguired taste. My first year in Buffalo I didn't like them. The longer I lived there I found them better than Taco bell. Taco bell don't give you any meat. They just fill them taco's with lettuce. I think taco bell is a joke..

I also and I know that I am getting a little off topic but I think Louies hot dogs are awful and I think Just pizza is crap. But that's just my two scents. I used to think the best pizza was Pizza junction in N. Tonawanda. But that's just me. Also the Chinese Buffet's in Buffalo are some of the worst I've ever experienced. And their mexican especially around Hertel ave is not even edible. Bland, boring and tasteless. I know I went a bit off topic, but oh well.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Your cousin lives in LA of all places and has you send him Mighty taco....LA has some of the best tacos on the planet, and definately the best in the U.S. This I find strange and hard to believe. I lived in Buffalo for years,--Mighty taco is not that good.
i agree... don't really see what the hype is, there's some FANTASTIC mexican food around for MUCH cheaper..

Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 AM

414 posts, read 1,505,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
i agree... don't really see what the hype is, there's some FANTASTIC mexican food around for MUCH cheaper..
Mighty Taco is a good guilty pleasure food. He doesn't live on it but he gets the occasional craving. I've eaten LA Mexican food before, and its good (I would never eat off the roach coaches though). Buffalo is a food lovers town and people who are from here like a taste of home once in a while.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:10 AM

207 posts, read 501,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
Mighty Taco is a good guilty pleasure food. He doesn't live on it but he gets the occasional craving. I've eaten LA Mexican food before, and its good (I would never eat off the roach coaches though). Buffalo is a food lovers town and people who are from here like a taste of home once in a while.
Buffalo isn't so much a food lovers town as it's full of people who like huge portions, for almost no money. Almost no fine dining here... There is some, but most of it's lousy.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM

17 posts, read 31,958 times
Overnite a Mighty? Cant you get stomach cramps locally?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Someday View Post
Buffalo isn't so much a food lovers town as it's full of people who like huge portions, for almost no money. Almost no fine dining here... There is some, but most of it's lousy.
What would you consider fine dining and why is it "lousy"? For a city of it's size, Buffalo competes well with other cities of its size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: