Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 AM

196 posts, read 443,082 times

Advertisements

Never did a vacation like this, but the all inclusive nature is very interesting. Cruise is out. I have a 10year old boy, so something a bit more "family" oriented. I dont think I have to worry about the younger crowd, but you never know.

Right now paging through travelocity.

Have anyone made the trip and can offer some suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 10:09 AM

33 posts, read 71,337 times
Where in the DR will be your destination<?,East,west,north,south ?? Resort?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 PM

33 posts, read 143,790 times
My husband and I first considered DR when we were looking for a vacation place in Caribbean. We wanted to go to Sto. Domingo so that it would be accessible, if we were to take a city tour. But then I read reviews that the city could get pretty rowdy at night and the resort that we found did NOT have good reviews. The pictures from some of the previous guests there were pretty awful. Dirty bathrooms and all.

Most of the suggestions I read led to La Romana, saying that the place is family-oriented. But with just my husband and I, we were not really looking for a family-oriented place. So we skipped DR.

We ended up going to Jamaica because we found a better deal. We were not particular with the location, we just wanted to get away over the long weekend.

Cheapcaribbean.com has good deals, if you are looking for a vacation somewhere in the area. And to be honest, not that I'm promoting it or anything, if we were to go to Caribbean again, I'd go to that website first. When we were in Jamaica, some of the guests booked their vacations from AppleVacations.com.

As for the search -- We are pretty cheap And we do not have many restrictions when we search. As long as we get to see the place (some tours), it's safe, there's decent food, and booze -- we're good. Your case is definitely different because you have a young one. So what we did was to look for a good deal online and did a h3ck of research about the resort in various websites. We read reviews, lots of them! Even small ones from answers.yahoo.com, I was reading those; just to check if there's anything alarming.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:10 AM

196 posts, read 443,082 times
Excellent advice! We want to beat the winter, so thinking something in november. We are actively searching and reading lots of reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: