Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:48 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,812,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solongny View Post
Welcome to the good-old-boys club that is WNY. The block club in my area had one heck of a time getting a local, licensed BUSINESS shut down as a weekend hangout for these suburban race car thugs. They actually threatened a block club member and assaulted a guy who walked over and complained. Cops did NOTHING. White trash from the suburbs. Wasted drug users, teenagers, gangster wannabes, many younger than 21 screaming race cars up and down the road, people coming and going all night long, drug dealing & drug use out in the open, underage drunken wreckless driving non stop...all at a licensed business on Clinton street in Buffalo all Summer long. Cops did nothing for months. It took 3 months for the block club to get someone from the cops/city to talk to the owner and get it stopped. No fines, nothing. Welcome to Buffalo!
I have been in the area for 42 years, in Buffalo, Northtowns and east of Buffalo since 1972. We seldom had this garbage until the past 2-3 years when the road got repaved by the county. Every time the RR tracks near us are freshly paved ( the asphalt always crumbles easily there), the road is the "speedway" -- until the tracks become too hard to handle. It is a straight 3 mile run down our road between 2 really busy main roads. Without shoulders on the road safe for a patrol car to sit on, the kids know they are fairly safe -- by the time a cop gets out here if you call, they are long gone. it used to be just kids racing cars -- can't count how many have taken out our mailbox by the road), but the bikes bother me. I don't want some kid hitting my tree and dead in my yard.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM

83 posts, read 171,175 times
Street racing does not happen in Kaisertown. I'm sure that they were just idiot kids who just got their licenses and were acting stupid.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:38 PM

83 posts, read 171,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solongny View Post
Clinton-Bailey area and well into Kaisertown is especially bad. New Babcock Street, William St, Seneca, South Park into the Old first Ward are also really bad areas. Cheektowaga-Buffalo line are bad also. Inner city is off the charts. The NFTA bus depot on New Babcock St near the William St post office has a gaudy gangster memorial set up in front of the entrance to the bus parking lot. It's to the memory of a rice rocket biker who hit an NFTA bus doing about 90 mph and was turned into hamburger meat (literally). I've NEVER seen a memorial like this with beer bottles, signs, road signs with the name of the guy killed, candles, etc...all on public property. It's like a shrine. Then there's the fillmore area and the Broadway Market crash a couple of months ago where 4 people were doing about 100 MPH when they hit a building killing two and making vegetables out of the other two. It's pretty bad.

You know what really sucks? When you realize that the police have given up on the area you live in and you are totally on your own except for the Block Club that trys to get the cops & politicians to DO THIER JOBS. You get a sick feeling in your stomach when the cops act like you are a loser for living in this neighborhood and you should just move away ....please don't bother us with quality of life complaints like drag racing and ghetto boom stereos or drug houses in what used to be a good neighborhood. The cops all live in Orchard Park, Hamburg etc and they have actually told me to just move away. Isn't that nice?

Ohio Street.....I remember that area well. Back in the muscle car era with people parked and partying on the side of the road while they showed off the cars doing heat ups and such.. One way street out in the middle of nowhere. I remember when it got shut down in the eraly 80's. Someone got killed by an out of control car as I recall.
Are you that magnum guy under a new name?

Please stop bringing more negativity onto this board for all prospective new residents of WNY to see.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadetoBlack View Post
Street racing does not happen in Kaisertown. I'm sure that they were just idiot kids who just got their licenses and were acting stupid.
keep telling yourself that.

my boys sent me this email discussion today on facebook and i feel the need to defend my honor as a street racer. my homie hector and i were probably one of the guys u talkin about racing up and down kaisertown. well guess what, street racing culture aint gonna be goin nowhere and if you got a problem wit it.....too bad. some of us guys work hard all week to put even more blood sweat and tears into building a honda that will turn heads at every stop light. and after 3 years of work i'm not lettin my dreamz go to waste. i finally could afford the last piece of my efforts (hks exhaust and manifold) to go with my v8 honda w/ type-r transmission (for racing) and i'm gonna be out on these streets rain sleet snow or dry reppin for my fellow honda owners.

we might be havin a little fun out there and makin a lil noise but you dont see anyone gettin hurt so relax we are all pro drivers and know what we're doing. sometimes my boys on the crotch rockets get a little cocky after a few drinks but in all reality these guys are top notch riders.

so im just coming on here to show the other side of the youth and what were about. im sure when u guys were kids u didnt sit at home and stare at the tv like u all do hoping for our city to just turn to paved gold lets get a grip yo

- brian s

Old 12-14-2011, 08:48 AM

55 posts, read 157,561 times
Not only is street racing illegal, it's also extremely dangerous not just for the actual drivers but for the public as well.

"sometimes my boys on the crotch rockets get a little cocky after a few drinks but in all reality these guys are top notch riders."

Seriously? Y'all are adding alcohol to the mix? I don't care how great of a driver you are, when you consume alcohol and decide to drive, there's no telling what could happen. I honestly don't understand the purpose of your post. If anything, you're showing your lack of concern for innocent bystanders and quite frankly it's a bit disturbing.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,544,964 times
hahaha I know I shouldn't laugh, but that post is obviously brutally fake. I mean, the whole thing is obviously a joke. Street Racers (trust me on this one, I used to be SUPER into cars) would never say any of the above.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:14 PM

879 posts, read 1,630,631 times
The harleys were so bad around hertel + colvin area that I moved. The cops would never bust the fat boys...Sucks to be near them. Ever since I moved near Carmel no problems, nice quiet neighborhood. There is no solution, the problem is too elusive.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,268 times
im not sure who is familier with clinton street but for those who are not let me explain. clinton street has its own strip club witch you can buy anything you want, its got drug dealers on every corner. it has bums people scrownging for money everywere, loose nasty pit bulls every were and how could i forget the beautiful abandon houses and the ones that arnt abandon are because the city is to busy to fine these people who live in disease filled bug infested ****holes. i run a delivery service and am on clinton very frequntly, all of the people i deal with are on welfare social services they are wife beaters drug dealers and the scum of the earth. dont get me wrong clinton does have a few nice people but unfortunaly those people can not move out of the beautiful kaiser town because of unfortunate cirumstances. the most important part of clinton which attracts us punks is the fact that it is also a industrial wondurland full of huge parking lots and such. i am on clinton every sat with a small group of frineds and we just hang out and watch alot of drug dealing and hookers you no the usual stuff in these types of beautiful cities. we picked the spot where were at because the lack of police inforcment because in there eyes we are child play we own cars pay taxes support are country but like to have some fun. we are not doing 100 down the roads trying to **** people off. we actually stay on one little strip and keep are burnouts and doughnuts to a minimum and also we put a time limit on how late we contniue these acts of criminalism there are bad people out there who drive recklessly and dont give a **** about anyone but them selves but me and me friends are the furthiest from that. we are well eductaed "punks" who are machinest, welders,engineers and creaters of the future. we can take anything and make it run and get it sideways we do not sell drugs and prostitute *******. but if your looking to do that clinton is the place to go dreams are created here. so next time you would like to talk about us street racing and such take a second to think why there doing it in your city then i would like you to realize you live in a ****ing ****hole and i would actually get out of the window that your looking at me through because in the next 5 minutes there is gonna be some more gun shots going off and you might be calateral damage. and my last and final thing i would like to comment on is that the cars you are talking about are actually not v8 powered v8s are for pussys we make are horse power with turbos there just 4cyl and 6cyl motors but they are very fast and fun so next time your upset instead of being mad and calling the cops that wont do notting beacause they no you live in a ****hole just walk over and ask for a ride im sure we will change your mind.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,153 times
If you think this is no big deal then maybe you should just do all this in front of YOUR house. These people are just trying to make there neighborhood a better place to live and clean it up. Instead you kids are creating a unsafe place to live and you obviously have no respect for the people that live there. Pro drivers know there are race tracks and use them for a reason. I am very into cars and do go to race tracks for fun because there are no kids to run out in the street. If and when something dose go wrong you won't crash into someones front living room and god forbid hurt or kill someone and there are the medical crews on standby. You have no respect for the weapon you are driving. I know you kids are thinking " I'm a Pro I will never lose control" just wait till you do hurt or kill a kid and get sent to prison and your cell mate is Bubba.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,146 times
Default Civil Lawsuit- sue them

The people in these areas should consider hiring a lawyer who specializes in criminal harassment complaints. Any person allowing people to use thier business for purposes of harassment (i.e. illegal racing) can be sued in civil court and held finacially liable. If they hurt someone, the business owners can also be held criminally liable along with the driver of the car. A business owner is liable for what happens on his property regardless of who is using it. My lawfirm has handled cases like this in the past and they rarely go to jury trial. The offenders settle before trial to avoid the potential for massive jury damage awards. If the business owner is that stupid to allow things like this to take place, hit him where it hurts. In the wallet. File a complaint with the local police, the district attorney and then hire a civil lawsuit attorney specializing in harassment. The yellow pages are full of lawyers who will take these cases on a contigency basis but you must document everything.

Anyone threatening violence with a firearm on the internet is in violation of Federal law and should be reported to the FBI's cybercrime division. They WILL investigate. NY Penal Code defines harrassment below. There's plenty more to this code but these are the baiscs. Hope this helps:

Section 240.25 Harassment in the first degree
A person is guilty of harassment in the first degree when he or she intentionally and repeatedly harasses another person by following such person in or about a public place or places or by engaging in a course of conduct or by repeatedly committing acts which places such person in reasonable fear of physical injury. This section shall not apply to activities regulated by the [URL="http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS"]national labor relations act[/URL], as amended, the [URL="http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS"]railway labor act[/URL], as amended, or the federal employment labor management act, as amended.
Harassment in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor.

Section 240.26 Harassment in the second degree
A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
1. He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same; or
2. He or she follows a person in or about a public place or places; or
3. He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose.
Subdivisions two and three of this section shall not apply to activities regulated by the [URL="http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS"]national labor relations act[/URL], as amended, the [URL="http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS"]railway labor act[/URL], as amended, or the federal employment labor management act, as amended.
Harassment in the second degree is a violation.

[URL="http://wings.buffalo.edu/law/bclc/web/nymorgenstern.htm"]Section 240.30[/URL] Aggravated harassment in the second degree.
A person is guilty of aggravated harassment in the second degree when, with intent to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm another person, he or she:
[URL="http://wings.buffalo.edu/law/bclc/web/nydupont.htm"]1[/URL]. Either (a) communicates with a person, anonymously or otherwise by telephone, or by telegraph, mail or any other form of written communication, in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm; or (b) causes a communication to be initiated by mechanical or electronic means or otherwise, with a person, anonymously or otherwise, by telephone, or by telegraph, mail or any other form of written communication, in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm; or
2. Makes a telephone call, whether or not a conversation ensues, with no purpose of legitimate communication; or
[URL="http://wings.buffalo.edu/law/bclc/web/hate.htm"]3[/URL]. Strikes, shoves, kicks, or otherwise subjects another person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same because of a belief or perception regarding such person's race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability or sexual orientation, regardless of whether the belief or perception is correct; or
4. Commits the crime of harassment in the first degree and has previously been convicted of the crime of harassment in the first degree as defined by section [URL="http://wings.buffalo.edu/law/bclc/web/NewYork/ny3(b).htm#240.25"]240.25[/URL] of this article within the preceding ten years.
Aggravated harassment in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area