Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,525,463 times

Advertisements

In response to claiming Buffalo has no progress or development, read this post -
//www.city-data.com/forum/22635003-post11.html

Last edited by Becca8377; 02-21-2012 at 07:42 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 07:40 AM

Sorry one more - in case OP tries to challenge the fact that I stated Cuyahoga County and not Cleveland specifically...

From 2000 to 2010, the City of Cleveland saw a loss of 20.6% in population which equates to over 81,000 people.

For comparision, while the City of Buffalo did also see a decrease, it was much less at 12% which equates to over 31,000 people.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM

56 posts, read 163,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
..... and Akron has been losing population since 1960.

I also believe the Akron area is referred to as the "Meth Capital of Ohio"

But its sooo much better than WNY

....... and anyone that complains about Buffalo traffic/drivers has clearly not spent much time in any metro area in this country.
Summit county on the other hand, hasn't. I've never heard of Akron referred to as that either. Maybe it's something that Buffalonians do to console themselves that maybe, just maybe, Buffalo is somehow objectively better than that area.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Sorry one more - in case OP tries to challenge the fact that I stated Cuyahoga County and not Cleveland specifically...

From 2000 to 2010, the City of Cleveland saw a loss of 20.6% in population which equates to over 81,000 people.

For comparision, while the City of Buffalo did also see a decrease, it was much less at 12% which equates to over 31,000 people.
Trust me - I know about the decline. Areas like East Cleveland and Westlake outside of the city are not looking good. You seem to be good at looking Census data very quickly. Please list the cities in the Buffalo area that are seeing any increase, and those in Cleveland that are.

I can help with Buffalo.
- Clarence

The end.

Now, Cleveland is a little different, and frankly, the list list is long.

Summary: Every town in the Buffalo area is losing population (or has since 2000). In Cleveland dozens are growing, many by over 20%. Yet somehow according to "Buffalo math" Cleveland is somehow worse off. HAHAH

Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM

466 posts, read 982,152 times
Reading your first post and then seeing you're going to Cleveland made it perfect lol.

Really, if you just personally prefer Cleveland over Buffalo, no problem. Hell, you could prefer Somalia over Buffalo. Who am I to judge?

But to sit there and act like Cleveland is some booming oasis is ridiculous.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH_Finally View Post
Trust me - I know about the decline. Areas like East Cleveland and Westlake outside of the city are not looking good. You seem to be good at looking Census data very quickly. Please list the cities in the Buffalo area that are seeing any increase, and those in Cleveland that are.

I can help with Buffalo.
- Clarence

The end.

Summary: Every town in the Buffalo area is losing population (or has since 2000). In Cleveland dozens are growing, many by over 20%. Yet somehow according to "Buffalo math" Cleveland is somehow worse off. HAHAH
I am working on a report that has to do with Akron specifically, so I already had all of the data sitting in front of me. Why don't you use some of your "IT skills" and look it up yourself? I don't feed other people's demands.

I've actually never been to Buffalo and could care less how you feel about it. The FACT of the matter is that Cuyahoga County lost over 100,000 people in 10 years, so that is saying something. Why don't you back up your "summary" with actual facts.

It's clear you're nothing more than a troll.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:51 PM

744 posts, read 1,767,571 times
Quote:

I can help with Buffalo.
- Clarence

The end.

According to the US Census Bureau the following towns in Erie and Niagara County have gained population since the year 2000:
Cambria
Lewiston
Amherst
Boston
Lockport
Newfane
Brant
Clarence
Pendleton
Elma
Grand Island
Hamburg
Wheatfield
Wilson
Lancaster
Newstead
North collins
Orchard Park
Sardinia and
Wales

Furthermore according to Cleveland.Com the Cleveland Metro area is number 3 out of 363 Metros nationwide in population loss behind only New Orleans and Pittsburgh.

Metro Cleveland lost 70,903 people during the decade from 2000-2010. Metro Buffalo lost 34,602

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_o...tistical_Areas

Last edited by donbuy; 02-21-2012 at 03:09 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 03:20 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,999 times
Quote:

I can help with Buffalo.
- Clarence

The end.

Wrong again! This seems to be a recurring theme.
Every town in Buffalo-metro area losing population??? Good grief my man, you are really pulling things out of your a$$
You know what. I actually like Cleveland, but these are blatant lies you are telling when trying to compare the two.
And not to bag on Cleveland, but you know it's nicknamed The Mistake by the Lake?
WIKI:
The Mistake on the Lake, may refer to:
Cleveland - city in U.S. state of Ohio located on southern shore Lake Erie most often associated with the term, largely due to declining economic, social and political influence; falling population; and struggling professional sports teams.
Cleveland Municipal Stadium - former professional athletic venue in Cleveland, Ohio; again, often associated with the term due to city's struggling professional sports teams; site demolished in 1996.

Again, I'm not saying Buffalo is paradise, but you're acting as if Cleveland is heaven on earth. As the football pre-game guys say "C'MON MAN!!!!!"

Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbuy View Post
According to the US Census Bureau the following towns in Erie and Niagara County have gained population since the year 2000:

Untrue!!! Source: city-data.com

Cambria [+1.4]
Lewiston [-5.9%]
Amherst [-0.2%]
Boston [-1.2]
Lockport [-7.7]
Newfane [couldn't find]
Brant [-4.0]
Clarence [+7.5]
Pendleton [+5.0]
Elma [+0.4]
Grand Island [+2.2%]
Hamburg [-7.1]
Wheatfield [+21.6 WOW!]
Wilson [-6.2]
Lancaster [-1.1]
Newstead [-0.7]
North collins [-7.4]
Orchard Park [-7.7%]
Sardinia and [-0.9]
Wales [-4.2]
See your made up list and the actual statistics that I looked up in brackets.

You owe everyone here a bit of an apology for making stuff up, right? You claimed exactly 20 cities grew, when the truth was that of you list, only 6 (30%) had any growth. Listen, I'l admit that Cleveland isn't growing, can't you have the decency to be honest too?

Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD_JT_14221 View Post
WIKI:
The Mistake on the Lake, may refer to:
Cleveland - city in U.S. state of Ohio located on southern shore Lake Erie most often associated with the term, largely due to declining economic, social and political influence; falling population; and struggling professional sports teams.
Cleveland Municipal Stadium - former professional athletic venue in Cleveland, Ohio; again, often associated with the term due to city's struggling professional sports teams; site demolished in 1996.

Again, I'm not saying Buffalo is paradise, but you're acting as if Cleveland is heaven on earth. As the football pre-game guys say "C'MON MAN!!!!!"
I don't think Cleveland is Heaven. I think it's better than Buffalo, and far better. I know that Cleveland's teams suck, I truly don't care, my teams are the Cowboys and Buckeyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area