Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:13 AM

7 posts, read 13,216 times

Advertisements

Thank you SO much to everyone that listened and gave me good advice. I aqppreciate it from the bottom of my heart. God bless you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catt417 View Post
What kills me is I seem to know the municiple codes better than he does and my landlord doesnt realize I am on the same side as him. They gave him a list of things that needed repaired and he has complied to their every demand. All of this has come about since he sent them a letter about sharing the driveway. Its a joke really. Its like they are playing the blame game. In the meantime, they dont have lids on their garbage can which breaks a housing code, they leave dog **** in the back yard, breaking another code, neighbors have called the police on them for being foul mouthed and ignorant. I am not the only person who has had issues with these people. I do know one thing, it says if a tenant is creating bad living conditions the landlord is not responsible for breaking the warranty of habitability because it is a self inflicted problem. Yet they have my poor landlord setting traps while the rats are feasting out of their cans. They are breaking the terms of the lease, right in my lease it says I have the right to a quiet and peaceful enjoyment of my apartment. I do not have that. One thing I am wondering is, if they withhold the rent (yes, they did for rodent problems) and they are the cause of the problems) can I withhold rent too until he does something about them because they are the root of the problems?
just curious..what town do you live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area