Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:11 AM

18 posts, read 55,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball1 View Post
Give me a break. This statement couldn't be further from the truth and was clearly spoken with a Buffalo bias. Buffalo restaurants are WAY OVERRATED.

I've been to most of the "top rated" places in Buffalo and at best, Buffalo has only a handful of restaurants that are worthy of a B rating. And restaurant diversity in Buffalo.....

With that said, diners in Buffalo are exceptional. Lake Effect and Sophia's are places that people should visit if they're here.

As for wings (this may hurt Buffaloians feeling, but it's time to accept the truth), THEY ARE JUST AS GOOD EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY!
The only larger "Taste of" is Chicago, and I know it's only because they have a population of over 3 million people. The reason I say that Buffalo's food scene is great is between, the variety, the prices, the availability of the food and the accessibility, Buffalo is hard to beat. Sure places like Portland, Seattle, Boston, Baltimore have great seafood and other cities have distinct features, but pound for pound Buffalo is amazing in this area. Our diners are nice but so are our Greek places and Japanese cuisine and American cuisine is affordable tasty and a great value. I have been to many cities and the hot bar at Wegman's alone tops Oklahoma as a state, lol. But true. Not being biased, but with the expansion of organic places to eat, food trucks and different cultural dining experiences rising, Buffalo will be recognized by outsiders for more than just wings. To say the wings taste the same everywhere is simply blasphemous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 AM

879 posts, read 1,630,119 times
Joe's Deli anyone? I'm so glad they replaced Mastman's.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,194,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalMan View Post
The only larger "Taste of" is Chicago, and I know it's only because they have a population of over 3 million people. The reason I say that Buffalo's food scene is great is between, the variety, the prices, the availability of the food and the accessibility, Buffalo is hard to beat. Sure places like Portland, Seattle, Boston, Baltimore have great seafood and other cities have distinct features, but pound for pound Buffalo is amazing in this area. Our diners are nice but so are our Greek places and Japanese cuisine and American cuisine is affordable tasty and a great value. I have been to many cities and the hot bar at Wegman's alone tops Oklahoma as a state, lol. But true. Not being biased, but with the expansion of organic places to eat, food trucks and different cultural dining experiences rising, Buffalo will be recognized by outsiders for more than just wings. To say the wings taste the same everywhere is simply blasphemous.

Obviously, cannonball1 thinks that wings should be baked, painted with sweet and sour sauce, and dipped in ranch dressing. //barf

Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,142,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalMan View Post
Food in Buffalo is not better then NYC. It just isn't. There are a ton of places better then Buffalo. I think the food could get a kick in the pants. More diverse choices. There are options, just not THAT many options. When it comes to wings though, there is no better. I'm a new vegetarian and even I would break my veggieness to eat some wings from Duffs. Buffalo has a long way to go food wise, but there are some great places to eat.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:23 AM

223 posts, read 732,184 times
Yea it's funny when people come in from out of town and they want to go for real Buffalo wings they ask to go to the Anchor Bar and we're like..."really"? (The Anchor Bar is WAAAY overrated IMHO!) So we normally take them there one night then to Duffs or the Bar Bill in East Aurora another night for some awesome wings. There's so many places to get decent wings in the area it really depends if you like them wet, dry, crispy, it's all up to you.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 AM

Anchor Bar is like Duffs over-rated and over-priced.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoobie View Post
Anchor Bar is like Duffs over-rated and over-priced.
Disagree. Big wings, crispy, tons of different sauces. It's like Philly and cheesesteaks. Or NYC with pizza. Everyone has their own opinion on what is good. I know Anchor Bar isn't that good but everyone seems to know it. But Obama did get Duffs so I think that wins.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 AM

I suppose your are right re:"everyone has their own opinion".

Old 06-30-2013, 05:05 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,811,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
Disagree. Big wings, crispy, tons of different sauces. It's like Philly and cheesesteaks. Or NYC with pizza. Everyone has their own opinion on what is good. I know Anchor Bar isn't that good but everyone seems to know it. But Obama did get Duffs so I think that wins.
Duffs was closer to the airport. That's the only reason. It's a quick hop down the road and back onto the expressway -- Anchor Bar is not so quick.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Duffs was closer to the airport. That's the only reason. It's a quick hop down the road and back onto the expressway -- Anchor Bar is not so quick.
I guess! But it's still better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area