Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:24 PM

50 posts, read 172,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalopc View Post
You seem to have a significant issue with this area, why are you still here? What is the point of spending your life being miserable?
I am still here because my kids (11th & 12th grade: 1st Honors, BTW!) haven't finished high school...Soon both will be off to college. It wouldn't be fair to pull the rug out from under them now, considering they do so well at their (I must admit) great school. I was just talking about it today, there are many things to do when the kids are little and young, great parks, etc. but for older teenagers and singles, I can't say the same. There is no point in being miserable and I'm not about life, just about where I live! Further, once out of college, neither plan on staying either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 02:01 PM

61 posts, read 271,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving NYS View Post
I am still here because my kids (11th & 12th grade: 1st Honors, BTW!) haven't finished high school...Soon both will be off to college. It wouldn't be fair to pull the rug out from under them now, considering they do so well at their (I must admit) great school. I was just talking about it today, there are many things to do when the kids are little and young, great parks, etc. but for older teenagers and singles, I can't say the same. There is no point in being miserable and I'm not about life, just about where I live! Further, once out of college, neither plan on staying either...

My comment wasn't directed to you and I do understand that everyone has a differing viewpoint. When you do leave, where do you think you will go?

Old 10-20-2007, 02:11 PM

50 posts, read 172,253 times
Quote:
My comment wasn't directed to you and I do understand that everyone has a differing viewpoint. When you do leave, where do you think you will go?
Oh, duh! Sorry. Eastern Seaboard or right close to it...Jersey maybe.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:19 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,078,815 times
Quote:
You seem to have a significant issue with this area, why are you still here? What is the point of spending your life being miserable?

Exactly my thought.....if "smells" is so miserable, MOVE! Try Atlanta for instance where life is nice and warm and uh, waterless......

Old 10-20-2007, 02:20 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,078,815 times
Quote:

Exactly my thought.....if "smells" is so miserable, MOVE!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 PM

121 posts, read 382,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
Exactly my thought.....if "smells" is so miserable, MOVE! Try Atlanta for instance where life is nice and warm and uh, waterless......
this is a really ignorant response. Let's actually make fun of the fact that global warming is a very real reality and poke fun at a city to give yourself a "one-up" on the whole North vs. South debate. Pat yourself on the back, smalltown, and put a notch in the New York is superior table.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:07 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,811,481 times
It is about time that companies took advantage of the low cost of offices here -- and for the employees, they are moving into a buyers market. However, rentals appear to be going up in the "near" burbs. Being at the end ot the 3rd ring burbs and the start of country, our houses are holding stable and so are apts.

To all the "I hate the area" people... one question? Are you locals, forced here under threat of death, or leftover college students who never discovered anything you like. If any of the above, please do move rather than trash the area.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:55 PM

148 posts, read 647,938 times
Anyone who cares about Buffalo has long since left the area. It's all government employees that are left. They are sucking the taxpayers dry. The worst offenders are the PUBLIC TEACHERS who by the way send their children to PRIVATE SCHOOLS because the schools they teach in are rotten. That goes for the suburban teachers also.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,962 times
If you want to see a real dump come to Los Angeles, it's got to be the most unfriendly place I've ever been. I've got spend another 5 years here before I can make the move to Niagra Falls or Buffalo. Glad to here businesses are moving back.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 AM

414 posts, read 1,504,964 times
If by Buffalo you mean the city proper, then by Buffalo you must mean the Elmwood area. The rest of the city (with the exception of the Hertel area and maybe Mc Kinley pkwy area) is full of blight and nobody is moving in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area