Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM

61 posts, read 77,560 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I am traveling to Buffalo to go to a Sabres game. I am staying downtown and the game is on a Sunday. What's the best pre and post game party scene????

GO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM

252 posts, read 647,036 times
Lots of people go to the Pearl Street Grill and Brewery before a game. The food is pretty decent, the beer (brewed on premises, I believe) it good. There is also a German-style restaurant/pub near the hockey arena called Lagerhaus 95. I haven't been there yet, but I hear it is good as well.

I think Liberty Hound (inside the Naval Park museum near the WWII battleships) is open on Sabres evenings. I've been there once and I enjoyed the food.

I believe all of these restaurants have bars that will be lively enough before a game.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,871,555 times
I used to like to pop into Cobblestone before and/or after a Sabres game. It's been a number of years since I was in there however, but I remember some players used to stop in there after games too sometimes (but I have no idea if they still do).

Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM

5,342 posts, read 3,821,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespurdy2 View Post
Hello all!

I am traveling to Buffalo to go to a Sabres game. I am staying downtown and the game is on a Sunday. What's the best pre and post game party scene????

GO!
As mentioned by JSmith11, Pearl Street Grill & Brewery is the place I'd usually recommend, and it would certainly be the top recommendation to an out-of-towner looking for a pregame party scene. The fact that the game is on a Sunday and therefore presumably in the afternoon changes things a bit though...almost feel like Irish Times or some smaller bar should get a rec here. PSG (yeah Paris Saint-Germain) probably remains the best bet though, just perhaps curb your expectations for the atmosphere a little given that it'll be a Sunday afternoon. Then postgame I'd head east down Perry or South Park and check out the places in or near the cobblestone district, such as the aforementioned Lagerhaus 95 (I need to listen to my own advice, since I haven't been to this place yet) and Cobblestone Bar. Swannie House at Ohio and I believe Michigan (block south of South Park) isn't a bad option either...I've never been there on a Sunday (haven't been there in a while on any day, in fact), but a yelp reviewer mentions 25 cent wings on a Sunday, so there's a bonus.

Just don't expect much from the actual game itself, if you're a Sabres fan anyway. Last game notwithstanding...they usually play Tampa Bay (and Boston) well

Last edited by Matt Marcinkiewicz; 02-28-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area