Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 AM

4 posts, read 10,839 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I'm looking for a higher end apartment in the Buffalo area. Most of the apartment's I've looked at seemed kind of run down. Are there any nice modern apartment buildings around? Bonus if there's an exercise room in it! Don't care too much on location as long as it's near the city. I've heard north and south Buffalo are the nicer areas, but I don't know the city well enough to vouch for that. Can't say I've seen too many nice looking skyscrapers that weren't office buildings though.

Thank you so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 AM

879 posts, read 1,631,155 times
I don't know about apartments...There are some condos that are high end / modern in new buildings though. Consider buying maybe?

Old 05-10-2013, 06:32 AM

719 posts, read 1,553,668 times
Czar,
I considered this place downtown last fall when I moved back to WNY: The Granite Works @ 846 Main St, Buffalo NY - Apartments Commercial Space First Amherst Development Group LLC
Might look here too: Warehouse Lofts • Buffalo Apartments at the Hub
Or maybe this Welcome Home!! 2 BR 2.5 BA Apartment For Rent
If you google "loft apartments buffalo ny" you'll see quite a few completely renovated upscale places. There are not a lot of "new builds" in the city but there is a decent supply of the above types (re-purposed historic buildings, exposed brick, etc.)

If you'd prefer the suburbs, take a look at Windsong Place Apartments | The Place to Live | Williamsville, NY as a starting point

If you have a specific area, let me know as I did a fairly exhaustive search in Sept last yr.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:56 AM

4 posts, read 10,839 times
Thank you VERY much for that post BigD, it is very helpful. Would you know of anything good offhand in the south Buffalo area? My girlfriend lives in Lackwanna so I'd like to be within a reasonable distance from her.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:47 PM

719 posts, read 1,553,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarChasm View Post
Thank you VERY much for that post BigD, it is very helpful. Would you know of anything good offhand in the south Buffalo area? My girlfriend lives in Lackwanna so I'd like to be within a reasonable distance from her.
Not a problem at all Czar. I can't think of any upscale apartments in S. Buffalo but if you live anywhere near downtown you'd have quick (<10 min) access to Lackawanna via 190 to Rte 5 / Lackawanna exit.
Here is another one I thought of that seemed pretty cool: the lofts @ elk terminal
based on the location of Elk Terminal Lofts, you'd probably drive down Louisana St to Ohio St over the bridge to Fuhrmann Blvd heading south to Rte 5 and into Lackawanna.
Best of luck!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:16 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Where in the Buffalo area do you want to be? Some nice new lofts and stuff scattered through downtown. Out in the Burbs there are some newer complexes throughout Amherst as well as West Seneca/Orchard Park areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area