Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 08:01 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,257,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
There is a difference between a forum of wannabes and a blog trying to get advertising hits. You new to the internet?

And going to see the Bills isn't enjoyable. Watching a high school team is more entertaining. Can't wait for the Bills to be moved to LA.
A poster, in a labor of love, provides 125 things to do in Buffalo, and this guy rorymeadows goes on a tirade. Yes, posting 125 things to do in Buffalo on this site means Buffalo sucks. Right.

Just unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 08:34 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
A poster, in a labor of love, provides 125 things to do in Buffalo, and this guy rorymeadows goes on a tirade. Yes, posting 125 things to do in Buffalo on this site means Buffalo sucks. Right.

Just unbelievable.
I never said Buffalo sucks. I am merely making the point that Buffalo doesn't NOT suck because of some silly homer's list.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:51 AM

93,239 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Why is it a silly list if they are real life things that people could enjoy? Come on man.....

Old 05-11-2014, 09:08 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,812,712 times
Quote:
I never said Buffalo sucks. I am merely making the point that Buffalo doesn't NOT suck because of some silly homer's list.
Since yoy spent a few days trashing the city, may I humbly submit why not go back to SC? Trash you location.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Add just walking thru Vidlers. Or Letchworth, hike all 3waterfalls. Or top of City Hall observation Deck, just for panorama. Visit Hull House ion an interesting day ( reenactment, sheep-to-shawl, etc) or Mumford. Bus tours or walking ones from the Preservation Society. Sundays in the Cemetery when they have the people dressed to be someone and talking to you (Forest Lawn)

Investigate this site: Buffalo Architecture and History
If yous see something interesting. Go see it.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:40 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Since yoy spent a few days trashing the city, may I humbly submit why not go back to SC? Trash you location.
Not quite sure of all of the English here, but there is barely anything to trash.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Not quite sure of all of the English here, but there is barely anything to trash.
Sorry, new computer keyboard. I was typing fast and did not proof.
SO:

"Since you spent a few days trashing the city, may I humbly submit: Why not go back to SC? Trash your location."

Since you said there is nothing to trash there, then go back and promote it on your board. You need not come to other states to trash them.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:48 AM

879 posts, read 1,630,119 times
Quote:
...People from Philadelphia, NYC, San Fran, or Charleston don't need to make threads like these. Because they live in places where it is obvious. Posting such content is just sad.
And perhaps the only sadder thing is people not in Buffalo coming to a Buffalo Forum on the internet and highlighting this.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:40 AM

223 posts, read 732,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoobie View Post
And perhaps the only sadder thing is people not in Buffalo coming to a Buffalo Forum on the internet and highlighting this.

^^^^^ Very well said!! Rep'd ya for that one genoobie!

Old 05-12-2014, 05:50 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,257,311 times
Quote:
I live to give. I have been to Buffalo a few times. Once for Thursday at the Square. There were tumbleweeds blowing in the neighborhoods we drove though. I fight broke out in the middle of the crowd during the concert. Most of the attendees were 25-something douchebags wearing ties with a bud light in their hand. Pass. What a dump of a city.

The list holds true, but I wouldn't recommend half the stuff on that list. The fact of the matter is, you're still in crappy New York State, in a crappy section of the country/state that no one cares about, rooting for a football team that should be moved out. Good riddance.
I like to live and let live. But with you I will make an exception. Enjoy your hot, sticky and disgusting bug-ridden ridiculously humid summer for the next five months.

Hey, look at this. I found a list that somebody posted on the South Carolina site regarding Charleston:

Cons:

1. Humidity, no distinct 4 seasons
2. Low wages
3. Humidity
4. Snakes (brother bitten and dog bitten)
5. Roaches/waterbugs whatever you want to call them
6. Humidity
7. Not much growth. Area seems to stay rather stagnant
8. I'd like to see more building renovations and improvements. Buildings seem to stay vacant forever and ever and ruin the looks of an area.
9. TRAFFIC....AWFUL. You can't get anywhere fast.
10. One way streets...frustrating if you're in a hurry.
11. Shopping. The area lacks big time.
12. mosquitoes
13. Crime
14. Earthquakes
15. Hurricanes
16. Flooding when it rains
17. Flat...no hills unless you go over a speed bump.
18. Higher cost of living
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area