Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 09:51 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times

Advertisements

Just watched the news on Channel 7 about the ones in Hamburg. Really sad that the banks just ignore these.
They like your deposits!

I worked as a subcontractor for large lenders previously. There are so many on their books including commercial ones. Getting really bad out there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 09:28 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,124 times
Please put up a link to the video, if it's available.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:23 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
My brother and sister in law live in Arcade, and have been battling Bank of America over an abandoned house next door to them for years. The house had an addition on the back which had the roof collapse in. After 3 years of fighting, the bank finally tore the addition down, long after rot, mold, rodents, etc, had moved in.

The main house is mold filled, has a dead and gutted deer in it (which was done before the place was abandoned) broken out windows, and a flooded basement. It still just sits.

It is sad really, as that kind of thing really depresses streets and neighborhoods!

Old 05-30-2015, 02:27 AM

605 posts, read 490,892 times
The house immediately next door to my house, where the previous owner attempted suicide (another neighbor found him in his attempt--sitting in his closed garage with his snowblower turned on--perhaps alcohol-induced, as he drank quite a bit) and foreclosed sat unattended for a while. Over the past six months some upkeep efforts were made (cosmetic, anyway--lawns were cut regularly; I did see some guys go inside on occasion...reports from inside were that it wasn't pretty, even in a house that would seem to be in pristine condition judging from the outside). Now just about a week ago, I came home to see it was on the market, with a real estate agency I'd never before seen by the name of "SawCC"--if you Google it, you'll see that they're based in NT and "CC" stands for "commission cutters". Of course a bank-owned property is going that route, realtor-wise....

Old 06-02-2015, 06:49 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
The problem of bank-owned properties that are left abandoned to rot are a nation-wide problem, and much worse in areas where there were large numbers of foreclosed properties. New York has passed some laws to force owners (ie, banks) to maintain these houses, but as per usual, they've found ways to circumvent the law, so their properties continue to be eyesores.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:35 PM

400 posts, read 575,364 times
It's insane the laziness of banks when it comes to these properties. We struggled with Citibank to get them to finish filing for the foreclosure to a house so we could purchase it. The house was becoming a drug hangout for some homeless suburban trash and property crimes were creeping up around the neighborhood. A scared senior next door was threatened after police calls were made and the Town couldnt do anything to help. We had to call like 20 people to finally get someone in their legal department to listen. He got some intern on the job to finish the simple paperwork to close the foreclosure, deed was still in old owners name but the people had been evicted 2 years prior and had moved out the area. We had a buyer for them so that helped speed the process up.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:32 AM

879 posts, read 1,629,837 times
I guess the first-ring suburbs are dealing with what the cities have dealt with for decades. Did they think this was just going to remain an urban problem?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:06 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,327 times
The street I lived on in West Seneca/South Buffalo border had no less than 4-5 abandoned houses that sat empty for the entire 6 years I lived in the area.

The bank would send people to board up the house, then to cut the grass nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area