Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 11:11 AM

92,184 posts, read 122,439,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona2016 View Post
Weather is the WORST! We already chopped off about 500 grand so we can have a place in a warmer climate. I'll be in Florida during the winters.

There is a reason why that house has only one picture (I'm a realtor) and it's because the inside is going to be very outdated.

I'm not looking for big since it's just my husband and myself. We are looking to either buy new (or have one built) or buy updated. I'd consider a home smaller than 2500 square feet IF it has a basement that is livable. Oh, and we'll be paying cash for everything, so hopefully that will help.

Thanks for the input.
To be honest, you may not have to look in the 400-500k range to find what you are looking for.

Also, if you know where in Cheektowaga his parents live, perhaps focusing on Amherst, Lancaster, Orchard Park and West Seneca may be the way to go in terms of close proximity.

While it is in the previously mentioned Wheatfield, but what about something like this?: 6986 Lakeside Dr, Wheatfield, NY 14304

More: Property Search Results

Property Search Results

Property Search Results

Property Search Results

Property Search Results

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-24-2016 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 12:30 PM

74 posts, read 150,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
To be honest, you may not have to look in the 400-500k range to find what you are looking for.

Also, if you know where in Cheektowaga his parents live, perhaps focusing on Amherst, Lancaster, Orchard Park and West Seneca may be the way to go in terms of close proximity.

While it is in the previously mentioned Wheatfield, but what about something like this?: 6986 Lakeside Dr, Wheatfield, NY 14304

More: Property Search Results

Property Search Results

Property Search Results

Property Search Results

Property Search Results
No, those are still outdated. If we end up coming back, we'll have one built in East Amherst. Thank you very much for your help. I'll check back at a later date to tell you all if we decided to take the plunge. I really appreciate all your help.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
No, those are still outdated. If we end up coming back, we'll have one built in East Amherst. Thank you very much for your help. I'll check back at a later date to tell you all if we decided to take the plunge. I really appreciate all your help.
Oh, OK.........

Old 03-29-2016, 06:48 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,239,020 times
Umm... OP... are you sure you're talking about Buffalo? You should have no problem finding a suitable home in that price range in the suburbs, unless you're the pickiest person ever.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:58 AM

350 posts, read 1,087,376 times
As an ex-Buffaloian, I empathize with your detest for the weather! (Although I now live in New England, so I have not escaped the cold totally - it's still better here than the constant snow in Buffalo - and more sunny days!)

My recommendation: Try to avoid the snow-belt suburbs to the south of Buffalo, i.e., West Seneca, Hamburg, Orchard Park, East Aurora, etc. It will make a big difference. I have family in the Buffalo area - some in North Tonawanda area; some in West Seneca/Orchard Park area. The ones in WS/OP really get hit with more and bigger snow...

If I had to move back to the area, I would try to be somewhere in the Clarence area. That area still retains some "charm" without being the growing suburbia strip-mall nightmare that East Amherst has become. I also like Williamsville (if Clarence is too far out).

Old 03-29-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy1 View Post
As an ex-Buffaloian, I empathize with your detest for the weather! (Although I now live in New England, so I have not escaped the cold totally - it's still better here than the constant snow in Buffalo - and more sunny days!)

My recommendation: Try to avoid the snow-belt suburbs to the south of Buffalo, i.e., West Seneca, Hamburg, Orchard Park, East Aurora, etc. It will make a big difference. I have family in the Buffalo area - some in North Tonawanda area; some in West Seneca/Orchard Park area. The ones in WS/OP really get hit with more and bigger snow...

If I had to move back to the area, I would try to be somewhere in the Clarence area. That area still retains some "charm" without being the growing suburbia strip-mall nightmare that East Amherst has become. I also like Williamsville (if Clarence is too far out).
Constant snow? Man, C-D is something else.......j/k

Old 03-31-2016, 10:30 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,150,156 times
The very obvious solutions for the OP are to either move the parents to South Florida or into assisted living since the parents are so ill.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:27 AM

400 posts, read 572,543 times
Quote:
No offense, but those awful. They haven't been updated since they were first built. THAT'S what I am talking about. SMH
FINALLY someone else agrees about how ugly and old our "luxury" stock of homes are. It is to a point you must build and select what you want. We have been looking to upgrade since my once nice middle class neighborhood has been taken over by the previous owners children and grandchildren who are trashy, too many drug addicts. I can't find what I want, it all looks the same and I refuse to pay full price for an outdated home. Brass, oak, cheap kitchens and ugly bathrooms will not work for me. I'm updating rental units with better items than found in the higher end homes. We had plans on building in Evans, I wanted a lot with mature trees. We got busy with our business, I said to wait, maybe we can find something finished, no luck. Now I see we must build.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgirl80 View Post
FINALLY someone else agrees about how ugly and old our "luxury" stock of homes are. It is to a point you must build and select what you want. We have been looking to upgrade since my once nice middle class neighborhood has been taken over by the previous owners children and grandchildren who are trashy, too many drug addicts. I can't find what I want, it all looks the same and I refuse to pay full price for an outdated home. Brass, oak, cheap kitchens and ugly bathrooms will not work for me. I'm updating rental units with better items than found in the higher end homes. We had plans on building in Evans, I wanted a lot with mature trees. We got busy with our business, I said to wait, maybe we can find something finished, no luck. Now I see we must build.
What about a town like Wheatfield, which has been the fastest growing in the area and has some newer homes?

Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 PM

879 posts, read 1,621,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgirl80 View Post
I told you some of the first ring burbs are emptying out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area