Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM

30 posts, read 62,608 times

Advertisements

I apologize in advance if there is a more appropriate forum for this thread.....

I am moving from OKC to WNY and FINALLY sold my house We are now in a rush to get all of the details worked out for a cross-country move with 2 small children and a cat. We close on our house the end of next month so we are needing to find a decent rental home to move into June 1.

I have never been a renter so this is all new territory to me. In my initial searches online for rental houses I have seen a ton of scammy looking ads and automated recordings for companies that you have to pay a fee first just to see their listings or schedule a walkthru.

What is the best way to find a rental while I am still in OK? I have scheduled a trip to Buffalo for the weekend of May 14-16 and intend to see some in person and get one wrapped up while I'm there. Are there agencies that give you a list of available houses to pick from? Am I destined to just sift thru Craigslist ads for something that isn't a scam?

Our needs are basic and flexible: 3bd single family house, <$1100/mo, anywhere outside Buffalo from Niagara Falls to east of Lockport. I do not want to be in the center of Buffalo, and prefer to stay north of the snow belt.

Any advice is appreciated for a soon-to-be transplant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:09 AM

93,368 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandydpierce View Post
I apologize in advance if there is a more appropriate forum for this thread.....

I am moving from OKC to WNY and FINALLY sold my house We are now in a rush to get all of the details worked out for a cross-country move with 2 small children and a cat. We close on our house the end of next month so we are needing to find a decent rental home to move into June 1.

I have never been a renter so this is all new territory to me. In my initial searches online for rental houses I have seen a ton of scammy looking ads and automated recordings for companies that you have to pay a fee first just to see their listings or schedule a walkthru.

What is the best way to find a rental while I am still in OK? I have scheduled a trip to Buffalo for the weekend of May 14-16 and intend to see some in person and get one wrapped up while I'm there. Are there agencies that give you a list of available houses to pick from? Am I destined to just sift thru Craigslist ads for something that isn't a scam?

Our needs are basic and flexible: 3bd single family house, <$1100/mo, anywhere outside Buffalo from Niagara Falls to east of Lockport. I do not want to be in the center of Buffalo, and prefer to stay north of the snow belt.

Any advice is appreciated for a soon-to-be transplant!
Just as a heads up, but the snowbelt is south of Buffalo.

As for rental homes, this may help: Property Search - Buffalo / Niagara / Batavia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area