Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 03:54 PM

255 posts, read 233,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
What would you have us do, complain and bemoan what went on in the past or look forward to a brighter future. You act like every other city has its act together and Buffalo does nothing. These are difficult problems, not easily solved, but some progress is being made. Buffalo is far from perfect and I have seen a lot of bad things in the past but things really have changed. What they do with the One Seneca will depend on what incentives they can offer to rehab it. If they put a new stadium downtown it will be more desirable.
Well the majority of the US Cities are run right and do have there act together, I have
more fingers then how many cities are like and look like Buffalo,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 03:58 PM

6,286 posts, read 4,796,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanLegs View Post
Well the majority of the US Cities are run right and do have there act together, I have
more fingers then how many cities are like and look like Buffalo,
Do you have some facts to back that assertion up?

Old 07-06-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Do you have some facts to back that assertion up?
Show me 9 cities were the majority of the city looks like a zombie apocalypse has happened
I can name 4 , Buffalo, Detroit, Gary IN, parts of Baltimore, I might be missing 1 or 2

Buffalo & Niagara Falls NY are only city's I know who's paid Fire department's still provides 1960 basic first aid and don't have Fire Department owned Ambulances or a City EMS division owned ambulances that provided Advance Life support/Paramedic Level. Atleast Gary IN, Detroit, & Baltimore provides Fire Department Ambulance's w/Paramedic Level and even New Orleans has city run Ambulance service w/Paramedic Level

Last edited by TanLegs; 07-06-2016 at 08:24 PM..

Old 08-16-2016, 07:19 PM

One Seneca Tower has a solid buyer - City & Region - The Buffalo News

I guess One Seneca will be saved after all

Old 08-16-2016, 09:01 PM

[quote=Thundarr457;45157341]One Seneca Tower has a solid buyer - City & Region - The Buffalo News

I guess One Seneca will be saved after all,

LOL
Jemal Avoids Prison For Fraud

Old 08-17-2016, 08:03 AM

5,522 posts, read 3,984,259 times
Quote:

This may be a little premature. The developer must still invest millions and millions into this building and then fill it with tenants. Even if he is successful with this building, what about the rest of downtown. Will the new developer poach tenants from other buildings, thereby weakening those buildings too. I think the local developers have a better idea of the local economics and they rejected this building themselves.

We'll be watching.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:03 AM

TanLegs you are ever the positive optimist. If you read the article, Mr Jamal has done many kind things for people who testified on his behalf. If he rehabs One Seneca and does kind and generous things for the people of Buffalo then I am glad to have him.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
This may be a little premature. The developer must still invest millions and millions into this building and then fill it with tenants. Even if he is successful with this building, what about the rest of downtown. Will the new developer poach tenants from other buildings, thereby weakening those buildings too. I think the local developers have a better idea of the local economics and they rejected this building themselves.

We'll be watching.
BUFFALO, NY-- Buffalo's tallest building, which has been sitting pretty much empty, is about to have a new owner.

The Douglas Development Corporation, which is based in Washington, DC., says it has executed a purchase agreement for the acquisition of One Seneca Tower and 50 Exchange Street.

“The redevelopment will have a tremendous impact on the skyline and we hope to guide the redevelopment to be representative of the “new” Buffalo that we’ve fallen in love with,” said Douglas Jemal, President and Founder of Douglas Development Corporation in a released statement. “We are excited to see such an exciting renaissance overtake the city and look forward to being a part of the positive change with such an exciting development.”

Douglas Development Corporation has a portfolio of projects stretching from Washington, D.C. to Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.

2 On Your Side’s Kelly Dudzik spoke with Jemal on the phone Tuesday about One Seneca Tower.

"What's so appealing about it to you?" asked Dudzik.

"What piqued my interest is the people that give up because I don't give up," said Jemal.

Jemal is referring to the deal to buy the tower that another developer made that fell through recently.

He says his plan is to turn the tower into a mix of retail, office, and residential space, as well as a hotel.

"What do you think about how it looks on the outside?" asked Dudzik.

"We're going to make it more pedestrian friendly," he said. "It's going to have a friendly look not like an enclosed mall."

Jemal says he hopes to start removing asbestos from the tower in six months. He expects the first tenants to be able to move in after about 18 months.

This developer specializes in buying historic buildings and transforming them into mixed-use projects. One of its largest is 655 New York Avenue in D.C. That space encompasses more than 750-thousand square feet and includes historic row buildings and a new modern mid-rise glass building.

In 2014, our sister-station WUSA in Washington, D.C. talked with Jemal about renovating the Washington Coliseum, which is where the Beatles played their first U.S. concert.

"This has got a culture. It's got a feeling. It's got a look. It's got an attitude. It's got soul. It's got heart," Jemal said in 2014.

Despite all of his success, Jemal's career hit a snag back in 2005. That's when the Washington Post reports he was accused of bribing a city official to get contracts. A jury acquitted him on those charges, but found him guilty of one lesser count of wire fraud.

"What kind of assurances can you give the people of Buffalo that everything is on the up and up?" asked Dudzik.

"Everything is on the up and up, I can tell you that. On the up and up with me," said Jemal.

Jemal would not tell us how much his company has agreed to pay for One Seneca Tower and 50 Exchange Street. He also would not give us a potential price tag for all of the remediation and renovations.

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown issued this statement: "We are pleased with the continued interest in One Seneca Tower. We've had preliminary discussions with the developers, who have already shown a commitment to the project and look forward to working with them in the coming months. "

Old 08-17-2016, 09:15 AM

If anything happens at all, It's going to be paid fully by the taxpayers. He knows Buffalo
is desperate and he & the other political crooks are looking to line their pockets. see Buffalo's & NYS
Solar City & IBM NYS/Buffalo billon corruptions probes.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:21 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,509,837 times
Why was it called One Seneca Tower. To distinguish it from Two Seneca Tower?

"Seneca Tower" was fine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area