Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 09:50 PM

92,185 posts, read 122,439,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanLegs View Post
they have location's In other states & county's but that doesn't mean they are used for emergency calls. there in Denver CO too, but they don't run emergency calls, Denver has a public ambulance service Home and in some areas they might use there ambulance's to transport, but there will be Fire department Paramedic riding in with the patient to hospital
Read the information for each NYS county. It tells you all of the agencies available. They can be public or private. Meaning, it has fire departments/municipal agencies and private companies listed for all 62 counties in the state. There are PDF's above the list of counties that list agencies that could be used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 10:12 PM

275 posts, read 467,997 times
Michael, im far from thin skinned and laughed at you comments. I have said plenty of bad things about buffalo in the past - the taxes, run down houses, economic opportunities. My whole point is the area is finally seeing positive changes. I think that is what many on this thread are trying to convey. That after several decades of things not being so great, positive growth is happening. And also im not being biased. I think everone on this thread will admit buffalo has its fair share of problems. Nothing in life is perfect and no city is perfect. I know buffalo has problems but there is positive growth going on and things are finally starting to turn around. I see the point you and tanlegs are making, but there is making a point and then just trashing the city and being a jerk about it...

Old 07-06-2016, 10:49 PM

255 posts, read 233,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitwo8765 View Post
Michael, im far from thin skinned and laughed at you comments. I have said plenty of bad things about buffalo in the past - the taxes, run down houses, economic opportunities. My whole point is the area is finally seeing positive changes. I think that is what many on this thread are trying to convey. That after several decades of things not being so great, positive growth is happening. And also im not being biased. I think everone on this thread will admit buffalo has its fair share of problems. Nothing in life is perfect and no city is perfect. I know buffalo has problems but there is positive growth going on and things are finally starting to turn around. I see the point you and tanlegs are making, but there is making a point and then just trashing the city and being a jerk about it...
What's positive ?
highest property taxes in the country 7 & 1/2 times higher then the average
Canalside ? 200 million of taxpayers money for streets with nothing but
grass,
better yet, 500 Million of tax payers money for a vacant solar city plant in a dying industry and how many millions for 100 IBM call center jobs where are they ?
The Tallest building in the City Can't miss it, vacant empty and bankrupt no ones want's it because
there's no market for it
City of Buffalo control board & Erie County Control board for nearly 10 years
Lack of Public safety in both the City (see above) and County with unmanned volunteer fire depts. just about every house fire in the suburbs are a totally lost, yet taxpayers are paying
enough for paid manned professional fire dept, but there instead paying for over 400 take home brand new Tahoe's every year or two and you can imagine where the rest of the millions of dollars are going because there's no accountable and that's why they had to put security cameras in every volunteer fire station aka Kingdoms You know who's running most volunteer fire depts. for years and generations . the Chiefs & Presidents work for the town & county, Don't believe me, go look at how many millions are in the fire budgets, ask them about security cameras, Find out who's the chiefs & presidents are you see most work for the town and wear many hats, but like the take home Tahoe's, Florida vacations official business, stipends & perks, Who's the jerk or who's the real fools, I think fools are the residents & tax payers and the jerks are the town, county, city, governments along with the corrupt public workers

Last edited by TanLegs; 07-06-2016 at 11:38 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 11:14 PM

Hey tan legs - you never answered my question. Do you still live in buffalo or did you move? I could post a list of all the positives that are occurring in buffalo, but given your previous posts, it would just be a waste of my time as you will either find something negative to say about each post or post some more ridiculous youtube vids. Why do you hate buffalo so much and have so much anger towards the city? Every city has problems and is not perfect. I now live in an area of the country that has been experiencing tremendous growth and guess what? It still has its fair share of problems and issues like any other city. If a perfect city exists, do share. So do you still live in buffalo or did you find a perfect city to live in?

Old 07-06-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Hey tan legs - you never answered my question. Do you still live in buffalo or did you move? I could post a list of all the positives that are occurring in buffalo, but given your previous posts, it would just be a waste of my time as you will either find something negative to say about each post or post some more ridiculous youtube vids. Why do you hate buffalo so much and have so much anger towards the city? Every city has problems and is not perfect. I now live in an area of the country that has been experiencing tremendous growth and guess what? It still has its fair share of problems and issues like any other city. If a perfect city exists, do share. So do you still live in buffalo or did you find a perfect city to live in?
This is funny because this argument is going on many forums, Facebook accounts and on you tube for pro and not pro Buffalo video's on the comments section,

Last edited by TanLegs; 07-06-2016 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: .

Old 07-07-2016, 07:14 AM

And yet you cannot even answer several simple questions..so im taking it as you once lived there but no longer do. And if you are not there any longer, you are not experiencing the good things that are going on in buffalo. But you sure know how to put the area down and degrade the city. Do you like to put buffalo down on youtube and fb too? You seem like one miserable person. People get it. You hate buffalo. If there is a perfect city out there, let me know so i can move there. Ive traveled throughout the us and yes, there are better places than buffalo and there are worse places. Its what you make of it.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
And yet you cannot even answer several simple questions..so im taking it as you once lived there but no longer do. And if you are not there any longer, you are not experiencing the good things that are going on in buffalo. But you sure know how to put the area down and degrade the city. Do you like to put buffalo down on youtube and fb too? You seem like one miserable person. People get it. You hate buffalo. If there is a perfect city out there, let me know so i can move there. Ive traveled throughout the us and yes, there are better places than buffalo and there are worse places. Its what you make of it.
There are hundreds, if not thousands of people putting video's of the real Buffalo & putting comments on You Tube & FB. On your Buffalo Facebook friends pages, you see more and more of them relocating to South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, Arizona, & Florida, Cary NC is aka as New Buffalo, Once they move to their new city, they starting telling and showing all their FB friends & family how much better & cheaper it is and keep telling them to move down with them. The real miserable people live in Buffalo, there so miserable, that there living in a delusional world

Last edited by TanLegs; 07-07-2016 at 08:35 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 08:41 AM

I dont have facebook so i wouldnt know. Why do you hate buffalo so much? I moved to texas and it is not as cheap as it once was due to so many transplants moving down here. Areas often seem cheaper but can have other "hidden costs". The biggest difference where i live from ny are the property taxes and state income taxes, but they have other i got yous to make sure they are still getting their money. Water is super expensive down here. Car insurance is more. The health insurance is really hit or miss depending on your employer. And texas doesnt have consumer protection like ny does. The tolls are actually considerably higher depending on the highway you are on. Housing prices have actually skyrocketed due to all the new companies and people moving here. So no area is perfect. In the end it is all a matter of opinion and perspective and what someone wants out of life. You clearly have a huge ax to grind with buffalo and are a miserable person. What do you hope to accomplish? And also, where do you live now? You refuse to answer that question. Different strokes for different folks. the south is very different than the north. People have been relocating for years. What is the purpose of all your posts? We get you hate buffalo. There are things i disliked about the area but did not feel the need to broadcast it to the world. The area is experiencing change for the positive. There is no denying that.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:54 AM

908 posts, read 1,113,443 times
Quote:
You don't have a problem with enunciating the negatives, if that is true.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:57 AM

908 posts, read 1,113,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
Human nature.

Kind of like telling your wife and children how ordinary they are, how much prettier and smarter their friends are, and how stupid they are for not recognizing that they are deficient in some way. That its their own fault, and that anyone who really knew what they were like should steer clear. Whatever they do or say is not good enough, and they will never be forgiven for whatever they did or said in the past.

That's not criticism, that's abuse.
Comparing criticizing a city for being impoverished and crime-ridden to a person getting emotionally abused at home is not only intellectually vacant but also an insult to anyone who has been abused at home. Are you kidding me?

I didn't even read the rest of you post because that just takes the cake. What a joke.

EDIT: Did read the last sentence but skipped whatever trash followed after that. "Criticize but be positive". Look up the word "criticism". And stop being logically fallacious to my posts. No where was I "negative" about Buffalo for the sake of being negative but only out of facts.

Let's make a more appropriate metaphor in the same vein:

Criticizing Buffalo is like criticizing your wife who spent 40 years sitting on the couch getting unhealthy and obese, smoking all the time...who suddenly was told by Docs, "you keep going this way, you're dead". So the wife decides to kick out the black adopted child and use his room as an exercise room once every two weeks, she eats 4000 calories instead of 5000, Government gave her $10000 for her hospital bills so she spends it on a reduced amount of cigarettes, beer, and only moderately processed food along with a ton of makeup to mask the lack of health. In a few years, she'll still die from her history - but the last few years looked alot better! In fact, she started going to Whole Foods right before she died. Government wasted about $7k of that $10k, the husband lost a ton of money, and the house gets foreclosed on to pay for the triple-wide casket.

Last edited by michael_atw; 07-07-2016 at 10:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area