Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 03:43 PM

255 posts, read 235,602 times

Advertisements

Where did it change for the better ? Actually it's getting a lot worst, Still losing population every single year for the last 40 years, Now even Buffalo's tallest building is vacant and in bankruptcy and they can't even auction it off because no wants it. Even the crime & poverty from the East Side is now growing & expanding into the 1st ring suburbs, Just because they built a seasonal park and have food trucks, concerts, farmer's market, & yoga classes 's there on different days and consolidate 10 closed hospitals into a new hospital is not a rebirth. But the local media is doing a great job on brain washing the local weak minded people constantly talking about the Park(Canalside) and Hospital (medical campus) over & over & over again, I guess the City Control Board & the County Control Board are now permanent and they don't want to give up their 100K+ salaries for doing nothing. But again just having both a City Control Board & County Control Board for nearly 10 years proves how bad and disfunctional Buffalo & Erie County is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 03:57 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,260,177 times
Tan legs or whatever just pack your bags and split! Other cities including San Diego have poor areas!!!

Old 06-21-2016, 04:16 PM

All one has to do is go to Google Maps, Earth & Street View, zoom in & out and people and can see for themselves
like I and some many others explained on ton's & ton's other national Web sites forums.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:05 PM

6,407 posts, read 4,901,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanLegs View Post
All one has to do is go to Google Maps, Earth & Street View, zoom in & out and people and can see for themselves
like I and some many others explained on ton's & ton's other national Web sites forums.
Tanlegs, if Buffalo is so awful why do you stay here? You must be very unhappy or have nothing better to do if all you can do is bash Buffalo on this forum.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 PM

275 posts, read 469,647 times
I agree. Every city has poor rundown areas. I visited buffalo in the fall and it really seems like there is a lot going on and they are tryi g to make it better. No area will ever be perfect. The grass is not always greener. Tanlegs- why do you stay? There is a lot more positive things going on in buffalo than there was ten years ago. I dont think there is a need to keep putting buffalo down. Yes it is far from perfect but it really does seem like they are trying to make it better.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:51 PM

44 posts, read 62,211 times
Quote:
The Real Buffalo NY watch the video, They call that a upswing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mLnD-GIFq0
Meh, video is outdated. Kind of weak.

Quote:
Here's some more of what Buffalo NY Calls Rebirth, & a Renaissance
This is what 99% of Buffalo NY looks like, Go to Google Maps, zoom in on Google Earth & street view and
see it for yourself 100's & 100's blocks & block after block looks like this

These video's are from last summer,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhRnfknNs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2EJYiuvUVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smK_bVPv_Bw
A couple of abandoned buildings? Wow, you really dug deep for that one.

Quote:
Good tip. Except I'm not sure anyone wants to study the undesirable areas of our city as much as you do... some people have free time, or just like positivity? Not sure if you know what that word is. Google it!

Quote:
Quit what, I haven't even started yet, wait to get some free time to post some real good stats and some
updated videos
This is just sad. Please get some hobbies.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:56 AM

Buffalo is what it is , I wish there was a real rebirth going on, but just saying there is a rebirth and making everybody feel good is not going to fix the problem like Mayor Brown has been saying since 2006, "We don't have to get better because were happening right now" Let's only talk about the positive & all good things happening and ignore all the important serious things, signs and symptoms that have been going on for the last 40 years, I rest my case.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonbuns View Post
Meh, video is outdated. Kind of weak.

A couple of abandoned buildings? Wow, you really dug deep for that one.

Good tip. Except I'm not sure anyone wants to study the undesirable areas of our city as much as you do... some people have free time, or just like positivity? Not sure if you know what that word is. Google it!

This is just sad. Please get some hobbies.

You tube Buffalo Abandoned buildings, church's, factory's, schools, apartment buildings, Fire houses, hospitals, Police stations. office building. It not just a couple.

This is what 99% of Buffalo NY looks like, Go to Google Maps, zoom in on Google Earth & street view and see it for yourself 100's & 100's blocks & block after block looks like this

video's outdated ?? There from June 2015
Here's what sad
In Buffalo sometimes you have to wait 48 minutes or longer for ambulance to show up and
this has been going on for over 2 years now and they still can't solve the problem or just don't care

Rural Metro responds to long wait times, suggests change | wivb.com

http://wivb.com/2015/05/19/rural-metro-explains-48-minute-ambulance-wait/

Buffalo runs out of ambulances every day | wivb.com

Google Buffalo long response times for ambulance, it's happing all the time
you will find a lot more articles on this

Last edited by TanLegs; 06-22-2016 at 01:41 AM..

Old 06-22-2016, 06:02 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,260,177 times
You can go anywhere and see this. Look for the positive

Old 06-22-2016, 07:24 AM

6,407 posts, read 4,901,771 times
TanLegs, answer 1 simple question. Why do you live here if you think so little of Buffalo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area