Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 12:35 PM

91,967 posts, read 122,044,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
2002? I figured the last built would be 1987. But seriously genoobie, I appreciate your attempts to smile through our tumultous tears and relentless anguish. And please keep our K-mart soul brothers and sisters from Honolulu in your thoughts and prayers. In fact, as you read this, let us share a moment of silence in memory of Honolulu's lost K-mart.............................................. .........
I thought I also read in that article that people thought that the last K-Mart from scratch was built in Las Vegas until they found out about the NJ location. I bet that Vegas location is "poppin" and probably has slots in it. TL probably hits it up, as he/she lives down the street.

This goes out to the Buffalo area and other K-Marts shutting down. You will be missed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6m-nhUcos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 01:34 PM

255 posts, read 232,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanLegs View Post
Yep, Yep, Buffalo's turning the corner NOT, Is more like leveling the sinking Titanic on the Ocean's floor bed

Government Corruption, Corruption & more Corruption with Solar City

Bombshell criminal charges lay out 'pay-to-play' culture in New York - Politics Now

http://nypost.com/2016/09/22/cuomos-...a-monument-to-
corruption/

Oh wait they had more Government Corruption back in June with IBM

Investors are pulling out of the Buffalo Billion project amid corruption probe | New York

The taxpayers just spent 750 million dollars to build a empty plant, That's 3/4's of a Billion dollar's and Solar City doesn't even want it and want's to sell the plant that they didn't even spend a penny on.

SolarCity considered selling Buffalo plant | WGRZ.com
and Yet More Corruption !! and this time with the Mayor of Buffalo
Taxpayers foot the $645,341 bill for Byron Brown’s pay-to-play defense - City & Region - The Buffalo News

Old 10-02-2016, 09:11 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,374,792 times
Quote:
I still can't get over the K-mart closings. All this time I thought Buffalo is hip, but you ain't hip if you ain't got K-mart. Where will people shop? As soon as I can find a place where K-mart is opening or thriving, I'm there.

They are closing downstate too. The local one to me, is in yorktown heights. It's a sad sight. It's still open, but barely. Won't be long before it slips beneath the waves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area