Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 10:09 AM

6,276 posts, read 4,764,503 times

Advertisements

Another sign of a new Buffalo: Four tough-to-develop downtown buildings on a path to rebirth - Strictly Business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 09:03 PM

92,011 posts, read 122,107,559 times
The Statler reminds me of the Hotel Syracuse, which was recently developed and opened by a development that is originally from the Syracuse area. So, there is at least one example of an old, historic Downtown hotel being restored a couple of hours away to the east and could be an example for the Statler.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:42 PM

821 posts, read 751,807 times
Honestly, I'll believe the One Seneca Tower project only when it's fully completed. There is always so much artificial hype surrounding development plans for that building. It sticks out like a sore thumb, a prime example of ugly, boring 1970s architecture. That being said, if this latest developer follows through it will greatly help the core of downtown.

The Trico project excites me the most; we really need more retail space downtown.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:36 PM

255 posts, read 233,031 times
More Propaganda, same old same old, Only in Buffalo would thousands come out to walk around in circles, and stand and talk standing on grass lawns and look at a giant rubber duck and all the dilapidated grain silos and think they have really something, The local media brain washing does a good job on the remaining weak minded people.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:48 PM

6,276 posts, read 4,764,503 times
https://www.buffalorising.com/2016/0...r-for-the-ofw/

Old 09-06-2016, 02:45 PM

Here is another building slated for development: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...-building.html

here is another building: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...enovation.html

Old 09-06-2016, 08:08 PM

5,479 posts, read 3,956,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Here is another building slated for development: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...-building.html

here is another building: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...enovation.html

Yes, but these buildings still need tenants, or they will be failures. Even if they get tenants, what becomes of the building they left behind?

So far, the Solar City project is struggling as is the Athenex project. These together equals $975 million of the Buffalo Billion. Just goes to show you that real economic growth is organic, not fake construction jobs that go away once the building is developed.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:45 PM

729 posts, read 522,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
The Statler reminds me of the Hotel Syracuse, which was recently developed and opened by a development that is originally from the Syracuse area. So, there is at least one example of an old, historic Downtown hotel being restored a couple of hours away to the east and could be an example for the Statler.
40 years ago: "Good news! Good things are goin to happen to the Statler!" Then NOTHING happened.
So...... Nothing has changed 40 years later? I am so glad I moved from Buffalo 29 years ago.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Yes, but these buildings still need tenants, or they will be failures. Even if they get tenants, what becomes of the building they left behind?

So far, the Solar City project is struggling as is the Athenex project. These together equals $975 million of the Buffalo Billion. Just goes to show you that real economic growth is organic, not fake construction jobs that go away once the building is developed.
I wonder if there is outside demand, as to why these projects are going forward?

There appears to be some Athenex job openings available, but I wonder if the potential for more could come?: Careers - Athenex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: