Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 04:44 PM

177 posts, read 160,538 times

Advertisements

Also a lot of gangs & crime problems at the Walden Galleria Mall and just like the gang & crime problems at Canal Side Park & the Medical Corridor which are just on the outer border of the whole inner core of Buffalo which lools like a 3rd world country and has 3rd world conditions. Gangs & crime are what destroyed the Main Place Mall & the business's in the City of Buffalo and now is spreading into the 1st ring suburbs like Cheektowaga & the Walden Galleria Mall
https://buffalonews.com/2016/12/28/g...d-mall-curfew/

Last edited by Casey22; 01-01-2017 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 05:37 PM

969 posts, read 2,058,452 times
Well of course. Once you lose K-mart, crime, despair, and chaos always follow, as you well know Casey.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:33 PM

5,476 posts, read 3,952,206 times
I do think that overall retail sales are down in Buffalo due to the value of the dollar. A lot more Canadians are staying home to shop. Plus I believe a new outlet mall was built in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,218,212 times
I'll be staying away then. So afraid of west Beirut

Old 01-01-2017, 10:30 PM

275 posts, read 467,543 times
I think traditional shopping malls have experienced a decline throughout the country. Look at pennys, they are now selling appliances. I'm assuming it is to help save the store. People have changed their shopping habits. This is not specific to wny.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:32 AM

Casey and I can only hold hope that people will realize that the dynamic, organic, stimulating, indescribably interactive, and wondrous shopping experience in a real K-mart can never be duplicated, no matter our best minds at work developing a K-mart virtual reality shopping application. What hurts most is the thought that our children, our grand-children, and so on may never experience that of a real K-mart. But it is the duty of those from the K-mart generation to pass on our stories, our experiences, our shopping triumps, for one day there shall be a revolution and once again the following words shall ring throughout the land... "Attention K-mart shoppers!".

Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 AM

177 posts, read 160,538 times
Gap and Hollister just closed the Boulevard Mall stores & Macy's just closed several WNY stores including the Mc Kinley Mall store, JCP is closing the Boulevard Mall & McKinley mall stores soon and will be official announced very soon.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:15 AM

729 posts, read 522,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
Casey and I can only hold hope that people will realize that the dynamic, organic, stimulating, indescribably interactive, and wondrous shopping experience in a real K-mart can never be duplicated, no matter our best minds at work developing a K-mart virtual reality shopping application. What hurts most is the thought that our children, our grand-children, and so on may never experience that of a real K-mart. But it is the duty of those from the K-mart generation to pass on our stories, our experiences, our shopping triumps, for one day there shall be a revolution and once again the following words shall ring throughout the land... "Attention K-mart shoppers!".
We have a BLUE light special on isle six. For the next 30 minutes and for only $5.99, you too can have....

Old 01-02-2017, 09:26 AM

What Casey & I need most on blue light special is tissues!

Old 01-02-2017, 11:07 AM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,199,881 times
Why does everyone on here pile on to make fun of Casey?

He comes on here and posts facts.

It was posted that several of the Syracuse area malls are changing to match consumer tastes. I have been to the Camillus township 5 shopping center and it is very similar to what is happening all over Texas.

Township 5 – Eat, Shop, Live, Play, Work Township 5 is an open-air lifestyle center that includes convenient shopping, unique dining options, medical offices and a boutique apartment community that will open in April 2016.

Open air shopping, restaurants, a COSTCO, also a movie theater with a full bar and restaurant.

I know for a fact that a movie theater with bar and restaurant would be a great success in Buffalo. We have them all over Texas and I will not step foot into a Regal or AMC theater, they are total DUMPS compared to what we have down here.

Costco is a destination type shopping store. People come from all over to go to Costco, and they are packed every hour they are open.

If Camillus can put something together like this, why not WNY?

I only get to WNY about twice a year, but last time I was impressed by the business on Transit Rd from E. Amherst all the way to Millersport Produce. Tons of free standing new development.

But that is the suburbs, we went to Buffalo and were underwhelmed by some of the big attractions such as Canalside and 716 Sports Bar.

It was also posted that JC Penny is doing poorly. I can tell you that the stores around Austin TX are very nice and packed. We do shopping there quite frequently and find it to be a good value. Sears however is a dump and is nearly dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area