Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM

6,276 posts, read 4,785,196 times

Advertisements

Editorial: Cuomo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 10:20 AM

5,493 posts, read 3,974,101 times
More welfare. This is simply Andrew Cuomo using other people's money to try and position himself for a Presidential run in 2020. I remember days of people complaining that NYC get's all of the money, but I don't hear those complaints anymore.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,227,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
CaseyLeggs you don't live here anymore so what do you care what they do with taxpayers money which is most likely paying you a juicy pension to live in Arizona and/or Texas?
He is one of many pathological people who move away from a community, and years later are posting about how great their new community is, and how rotten their old community is on the old community's site. This is not just a Buffalo thing by the way.

If I moved away from a community I didn't like, and moved to a community I really liked, I would be on my new community's board talking it up.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:19 PM

969 posts, read 2,061,006 times
I can't recall western NY ever getting so much aid from the state. I'd rather, we all would probably rather that private investment be more dominant but clearly a catalyst is needed and considering the high taxes, it's nice to get some of it back for a change.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:44 PM

177 posts, read 160,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
I can't recall western NY ever getting so much aid from the state. I'd rather, we all would probably rather that private investment be more dominant but clearly a catalyst is needed and considering the high taxes, it's nice to get some of it back for a change.
How many bike paths, trails, Parks, & empty vacant train stations do you need ?

Old 01-13-2017, 05:51 PM

92,149 posts, read 122,387,927 times
From Buffalo Business First: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...wded-over.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...vestments.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...ie-in-the.html

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 01-13-2017 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 05:52 PM

969 posts, read 2,061,006 times
Can't have enough bike paths, trails, parks... that's big time quality of life stuff and quality of life is A#1... which also then becomes a draw for people to live and then employers. I'm happy to see the work to be done on the Niagara gorge... that's a highly under-utilized natural area. But NF downtown needs more help than anything up there, possibly the worst downtown in NYS, just horrible. Maybe a K-mart?

Old 01-13-2017, 06:39 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,226,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey22 View Post
How many bike paths, trails, Parks, & empty vacant train stations do you need ?
Thousands

Old 01-14-2017, 07:59 AM

5,493 posts, read 3,974,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
Can't have enough bike paths, trails, parks... that's big time quality of life stuff and quality of life is A#1... which also then becomes a draw for people to live and then employers. I'm happy to see the work to be done on the Niagara gorge... that's a highly under-utilized natural area. But NF downtown needs more help than anything up there, possibly the worst downtown in NYS, just horrible. Maybe a K-mart?

The money for the gorge was supposed to come out of the same pot of money that built Canalside. This was an additional tax on electric added at the last relicensing of the NYPA because the ice boom pushed spring back 2-3 days.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:08 PM

177 posts, read 160,806 times

The Light Rail extension to UB north campus is just a proposal, and won't happen to 2026 at the earliest
if at all. NY State is contributing a portion, but still would need 100's of millions of more funding from the State, County, City, Town, NFTA, & The Federal Government, Since this is just a proposal & the proposed new train station as well are not shovel ready and won't be for years , they will not qualify for the biggest Federal stimulus plan since the great depression which is expected to be awarded within 90 days and construction is to start immediately on projects awarded such as I-11, AZ,NM,UT high speed rail lines, bridges, several light rail lines & new train & airport terminal's that are already shovel ready and are just awaiting funding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area